Thread: Not able to boot Ubuntu from USB on Sony Vaio

Not able to boot Ubuntu from USB on Sony Vaio

I am using Sony viao laptop from last 6 months. First I was using the windows Xp in my laptop but after that because of my business propose I have to install the Ubuntu in my laptop. But when I tried to install it by doing BOOT form usb drive then it is not working I don’t know what is wrong with it. But I want to install the ubuntu in my laptop. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem. Pleases reply me with proper solution of it. Thank you in advance.

Re: Not able to boot Ubuntu from USB on Sony Vaio

I have read your problem and as you are saying that you are unable to boot from your USB drive. To solve this problem just make one bootable disk from your USB drive by copying it in your laptop after that try to boot from DVD. You can easily boot from DVD. Try this solution I think it will solve your problem and you will not face this problem again. Please let me know whether this solution helped you or not? If not then tell me what error you are facing.

If you are unable to boot from your USB drive then I suggest you to first check your USB drive with other laptop and confirm that USB is working fine. If there is nothing wrong with your USB drive then I suggest you to check the setting in your BIOS. In setting just check there that first boot device is properly selected. If it is not selected then select it first. Then again try to BOOT from your USB after that you will not find any difficulties with it. I hope my solution will be helpful to you.

I have read your solution and as you have suggested in your post that try to boot from cd. I know this is the best option I can have but unfortunately I don’t have CD ROM in my laptop. That is why I have tried to install the Ubuntu from my USB drive. I have also checked the BIOS setting and it is all fine there but now I don’t know what I should do to install the ubuntu in my laptop. Please reply me with some proper solution. Any help will be appreciated.

I think you should first make the bootable floppy for your laptop. And then try to boot form it. First you have to boot from your floppy and after that install the operating system by using your USB drive. Just try this solution it will help you to solve your problem. After trying this you will not face any problem with booting and also installing the operating system. I hope my information will be help ful to you. If you want any more help then please let me know.

I have read your issue if you are not able to boot after trying all the things and as you have said that there is no CD ROM in your laptop. I think you can use the Ubuntu bootable disk by connecting portable CD ROM which allows you to connect via USB port after that you will be able to use your Ubumtu disk and you can install the operating system in your laptop. Try this trick. This is the best way to solve your problem. If you find any difficulties then let me know.