Thread: Error message while installing HTTP Net Install

Error message while installing HTTP Net Install

Well I am looking to install 5.5 HTTP Net Install on the computer of mine by using the linux askmethod command. I have boot off the DVD by using the netinstall.iso and it seems to be working fine and till I enter the location of the HTTP server. After the same it seems to fail the installation. I have searched on the Google but there was nothing which I can use to fix the problem of mine. any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Error message while installing HTTP Net Install

It seems to be hard to find out the root cause of the problem. So tell me about the hardware as well as software configuration of the computer. Can you post the entire error message which you are getting while doing the installation on the system? Also it would be a great thing if you can provide log which is being generated at the time of the error generation. Also tell me what kind of the file structure do you using currently.

The CentOS Net install is installed from the quite small downloaded ISO image which downloads the needed file in order to finish with the installation of the operating system. You should download the file from the desired mirror on the basis of the system requirements of yours. you can get the desire option by choosing the location from the CentOS mirror list. You can also get the mirror which will provide you ISO image.

Whenever you are going to HTTP Set up on the computer you need to enter the website name as well as directory information of CentOS. You need to see that you have done appropriate changes on the platform and rest of the requirements. You should also see that it is needed to change the directory on the basis of the version of the operating system and the type of the directory. So make the changes on the computer appropriately.

Well the process of installing Net Install would concluded into 30 minutes. I meant to say it would include both downloading, burning the ISO image of the Net Install and installing the same on the computer of yours. I have noticed that most of time is consumed while downloading the ISO image of this particular software. Well the CentOS Net Install saves lots of time if your system is not having to read the DVD disk.