Thread: Is it possible to do dual booting of XP tablet and Linux

Is it possible to do dual booting of XP tablet and Linux

Hello friends, as I am new to this forum I don’t know much more about it. Actually I wanted to ask you some questions. I have cleared my entrance exam for engineering, and I have also got the admission in as well, so I was planning to buy IBM X61 tablet PC, because I will mostly use it note making & homework and in free time I will use it for net surfing & gaming. So for this reason I have planned to dual boot XP tablet edition and Ubuntu of Linux. So my question is that, is it possible to do such thing? Please reply to this question, thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Is it possible to do dual booting of XP tablet and Linux

Hello welcome to this forum, I just wanted to say that there are number of good support out there now. Ubuntu and many other fro Linux all are get shipped on some laptops from OEM nowadays. But there also some smaller distribution which will work for you are distros, PCLOS, eLive. As per my suggestion you must go with this Linux dual booting, but before doing it you must confirm will all the features of that tablet are supporting or not. So All the Best and enjoy your study.

Hey I am completely agreed with this and I also wanted to say something. I have talked with vendor of tablet and he has confirmed me that it is possible to do dual booting in IBM and all the feature of Linux will support in it as it supports in PC. It will be good option for you to use this because it will be helpful for you to do high computation as you all do in engineering, and Linux does this kind of computation in good manner. So go with it and enjoy the technology.

Hello, I also want to share one of my experience with you all. I was also using dual booting with fedora 10 with XP tablet on HP. I first installed XP tablet and then installed fedora, it was running nice. But I was getting some problem in Wi-Fi and webcam, fedora was not working properly with it, after that I moved on to Linux. From the time I have installed Linux dual boot with XP tablet, I have not yet problem with anything. So I will also suggest you the same as above, just go with it.

Hey man you are lucky that you didn’t face any problem when you installed Ubuntu Linux dual boot with XP tablet. When I did the same thing I was getting the same problem which is mentioned in the above post. Actually it is common error when you install new OS or something. As I was getting the problem of webcam and wireless, I just did the firmware upgrade and manual installation of each and everything individually, and I fixed my problem. All the Best!

Hello friends, I knew that I will get the proper solution on this website. After reading the first post, I ordered for the IBM with tablet XP. As I will get it, I will do dual booting with Ubuntu Linux operating system. Also I will keep in mind that, I will have to beware about the wireless and webcam issue. I have already started to search about the latest firmware and installation file of it. After manual installation I will get my tablet pc ready. So thanks again to all for your kind support for me.