Thread: Windows XP shut off while loading in HP Pavilion dv8000

Windows XP shut off while loading in HP Pavilion dv8000

I am using windows xp in my HP Pavilion dv8000 and before two days I have installed the windows vista in my laptop after that I installed the all the drivers properly. My vista was working perfectly and not giving me any problem. But after installing that when i restart the laptop and tried to open my windows XP then it is not opening its just keep showing load screen and after that it automatically gets shutdown. Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem.

Re: Windows XP shut off while loading in HP Pavilion dv8000

I have read your problem if you have installed the windows vista after keeping the windos xp in your system it means you are running the dual operating system in your laptop. Ii think the problem which you are facing is just because of the missing boot.ini file in windows xp. When you have installed the windows vista at that time vistas boot file may be crashed with the windows XP boot file. That is why it is not allowing you to open the windows XP.

After reading your problem I can suggest you one solution which will help you to fix your problem. You can fix this problem by inserting the windows Xp cd and after that repair your windows XP and it will repair your windows XP and after that you will be able to use your windows XP normally. But make sure before repairing the windpws xp you must take the backup of all your data. I hope you will be able to solve this problem with this truck. If this idea doesn’t work then please let me know.

After reading your post I have tried to repair my windows Xp. After repairing the windows xp it is working absolutely fine but after that when I restart the laptop it directly opening the windows XP. It is not giving me the option to select the operating system at the start of the computer. But when I see from my computer it showing me the all the data of Windows vista as it is. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem? Please reply me as soon as possible.

After reading you post I understand yor problem as you are saying that you are not able to see the selection screen at the start of you computer that means you need to fix this problem from windows xp only. To fix your problem you need to click on run. Then type MSCONFIG there and after that one dialog box will open. In that dialog box click on the bootini tab in that tab slect activate the windows vista option if it is not there then click on the check all boot paths and it will automatically add the vista option. After that set it as a default. And it’s done.

If you are not able to solve the problem then just take the backup of all your data of your hard disk and after that first format the windows vista drive and then format the windows xp drive. After that first install the vista and then install the windows xp. Now all the things will work absolutely fine. If you want best result then don’t change the order of installing the operating system. I hope this will help you to solve your problem. Just try this trick and let me know what’s the result

I f after installing the dual operating system you are facing this problem then I suggest you to just uninstall the one of the operating system from your laptop and after that you will not face this problem again. If you have installed the windows vista and if you are comfortable with it then I suggest you take the all the backup from the windows xp drive and just format it. And if you don’t want windows vista then you can format the vista drive after taking the backup. I think this is the best way to solve this issue. I hope it will be helpful for you.