Thread: system not booting after long beep

system not booting after long beep

I am having a problem regarding the rebooting of my PC, it could not reboot properly, accordingly what will be the problem? I am not getting a proper solution, it gives some long ongoing beep, so will it be some hardware problem? I tried to find out on google but could find any proper solution. Is my RAM working properly? any advice?

Re: system not booting after long beep

It might be possible that BAD CAPS avoids normal booting, have you heard about the BAD CAPS? You can search it by internet and then check it in your personal computer, have had any? Otherwise it may be due to the less powered CMOS battery, you can change it by the menu option, but if it don’t show any such menu you can do it by CMOS values with jumper.

You should begin a troubleshooting expedition that this process includes, getting into the operating system, determining what the problem is, and after getting it, the most important thing is to resolve it so that it can’t make an impact again. You can use windows start up disk, when either the start up record for the active partition or the related files that the OS uses to start Windows have become corrupted. Another way is to use the last good configuration. I hope this will going to help you.

when the windows stops booting properly It might be possible that the boot.ini file is corrupted. When the system is loaded NTLDR programs refers boot.ini file for loading the actual files that is needed to load the windows. You can fix it by repairing the windows, in that you wont have to perform the whole formation rather you can just install the files which are missing.

You should first figure out why computer wont boot, there are various symptoms for doing this, If the computer simply doesn’t turn on, or you get stopped at a screen with white writing with a black background, then it is surely a hardware problem. If you have over clocked, set your FSB down. If your bios has button you can restore the previous setting directly rather than looking in to each and every menu. Make sure that you have save the setting. Then press exit. Even after doing these still nothing is working take the little battery out of the motherboard which will be near the south bridge, and before doing that make sure you have unplugged the power cord. Wait for 5 minutes for complete discharge, then put it again.

If you have a hardware problem and you aren't aware of dealing with it, I would recommend you to don’t take any risk rather take your PC it to service center and describe your problem. As what I get from what you have mentioned seems your OS is corrupted, you can install a new windows in the same drive, and you won’t have to format the whole HDD you can simply format the drive in which the previous window resides. And if you got some problem with the hardware then there will not be more option, instead you have to change that particular hardware.