Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2011

Windows Vista: Cannot get Startup Repair Screen

A few days before I downloaded as well as installed around 30 updates for windows. I restarted the computer and startup repair comes on subsequent to the boot up screen and failed repair computer routinely. I tried F8 following to splash screen and attempted with all of safe modes and very last superior configuration known. I also attempted few command prompts and won?t perform anything since it says computer it previously running a repair, cancel it and try again. I did it and it shows me the same thing again. It?s very strange. Please tell me that what I should do to resolve this issue.
Old 06-05-2011

Re: Windows Vista: Cannot get Startup Repair Screen

If you are having the Vista Install Disc then you can do the Startup Repair first. Put in the Windows Vista installation disc to disc drive and after that turn on your computer. Now press a key when message shows "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Choose the language, time and currency and keyboard otherwise input method and after that click next. Click on repair computer. In System Recovery choice dialog box select the drive of the Windows installation and click on next. At System Recovery Options Dialog Box click Repair computer. Choose operating system which you need to repair and after that press next. From System Recovery choices click Startup Repair.
Old 06-05-2011

Make the bootable CD of the Windows Vista and boot your computer from that. Perform the clean installation of that and it will surely resolve the problem for you. But make sure that this is the last option for you and you have tried the repair option before this. If none of the available solution helps you then you can go for this and make it as the last option for this. I hope you will be out of the issue soon.
Old 06-05-2011

I would like to tell you that if you want to install the Windows 7 or Windows Vista then you must have the DVD drive and not just a CD drive because these two are very big for the CD’s. When you go to BIOS then you will see tabs on top, you require to locate the tab that is for the Boot sequence which is also known as boot device priority.
they must be set to:
  • 1st Floppy
  • 2nd CD/DVD ROM
  • 3rd HDD
  • 4th other removable media

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,