Thread: How to install rpm in CentOS 5.5?

How to install rpm in CentOS 5.5?

As the title is suggesting itself what I am going to ask over here. Well I have installed CentOS 5.5 on the computer of mine. I repeat again I wanted to install rpm service on the computer of mine. I have execute the following command.
    Code:
    # yum remove sqlite
    It has removed the rpm as well as yum service from the computer. I want to reverse the changes which I have done. Let me know if you are having any specific solution to get the requirement of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to install rpm in CentOS 5.5?

Looking at the matter which you have provided over here I am suggesting following command which you should run on the terminal of the computer. make sure that you are executing the command with the administrative privileges.
    Code:
    yum install rpm
    you should copy and paste the above mentioned command rather than typing on the terminal in order to avoid the mistake.

Let me know if you are having DVD or local media on which you have stored packages which are associated with yum. If you’re answer is no then you need to simply download the binary package yum and all the other packages which are needed to fulfill the dependencies. You can get the same from the official website. after downloading the same you should install the dependencies on the computer of yours.

You can use the following instruction to get the requirement of yours.

• You should boot the computer using DVD into rescue mode and use the below mentioned command on the terminal.
    Code:
    mount -t iso9660 -o ro /dev/hdc /mnt/source
    i
    • n order to install the rpm from the DVD you need to use the following command on the terminal.
    Code:
    cd /mnt/source/CentOS
    Code:
    rpm -r /mnt/sysimage/ --install rpm-4.4.2.3-18.el5.i386.rpm
    I am hoping that it will help you to fix the matter of yours

You should copy the vmlinuz and initrd.img from the pxeboot directory which is available into the installation tree at the /boot location.you can find the same at the end of the /boot/grub/grub.conf. you should use the below mentioned command for adjusting the network and other parameters.
    Code:
    title CentOS5 rescue
            root (hd0,0)
            kernel /vmlinuz ro ramdisk=8192 rescue vnc vncconnect=192.168.0.100 headless ip=dhcp method=cdrom ksdevice=eth0 lang=en_US keymap=us
            initrd /initrd.img

Let me know whether you contacted the technical support team for the further assistance. If none of the above mentioned solutions are not working for you then I recommend that you should contact the technical support team for further assistance. you should tell them everything which you have done to solve the matter. They will definitely help you out to solve the problem of yours.