Thread: Centos 5.5: Error message ‘ata1.01: exception Emask’

Centos 5.5: Error message ‘ata1.01: exception Emask’

I have installed CentOS 5.5 on the computer of mine. I am having kernel 2.6.18-194.el5. I am getting above mentioned in the /var/log/ directory of the computer of mine. let me know whether this particular issue is being happening due to hard ware issue or software issue on the computer. Let me know if you are aware of the any patch which I can apply to fix the problem of mine. any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Centos 5.5: Error message ‘ata1.01: exception Emask’

Looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am having certain question which you should answer. Do you have done any hardware or software changes on the computer? Can you tell me about the entire hardware as well as software configuration of the computer? I am suggesting following command which you should execute on the computer of yours and let me know about the output of the same.
    Code:
    dmesg | grep ata1

I think all this particular problem is occurring due SCSI RAID controller on the computer of yours. Hence i am suspecting that this issue is being happening on the ATA bus. Due to which the system of yours is seems to be slow and hanging frequently. I think you should try to disable the SCSI RAID controller and see whether there is any difference in the situation or not. I will let you if i come across regrading any other solution to solve the matter.

I highly suspecting that this issue is being happening due to operating system which you have installed on the computer of yours. Hence i recommend that you should reinstall the operating system on the computer and see whether it is working or not. I recommend that you should back up the important files before doing resinstalltion of the operating system on the computer of yours. So try the same and let me know about the results.

I have seen number of cases where users are having the similar kind of the problem. Hence there could b bug issue would be the potential reason for the root cause of the problem. So i recommend that you should contact the developer of the operating system and file a bug report. Well the developer team would work around on the situation and release the patch after fixing the bug on the computer of yours.

I really want to say thanks to all of the users who have helped me to reply with the possible solution over here. I have solved the problem of mine by reinstalling the operating system on the computer of mine. Now i am not getting the error message which i have mentioned in the post of mine. Anyway i want to appreciate your efforts which you have put in to to fix the problem of mine. Thanks a lot again for replying.