Thread: Mac OS X Lion wont boot after failed update

Mac OS X Lion wont boot after failed update

I attempted installing the update today. Throughout the installation it stalled and hung at "moving items into place". Later than a couple of hours, I compulsorily shut down the PC. Now it will not boot. I can get into the gray display but it hangs there and wont growth. I have attempted booting into safe mode. The loading bar arrives; it makes it about a district of the way and relapses to no loading bar and a spinning pointer. Earlier than I reformat and reinstall, is there anything I can attempt? I have a SL partition on the similar disk, so I have access to the lion disk. And earlier than anybody asks, I do have a backup, it’s not a huge deal to reinstall, it would just be simpler to mend it.

Re: Mac OS X Lion wont boot after failed update

Here I must want to know your exact file path. So, Could you present the precise file path to this pkg file because there is no such pkg in my updates folder. Mine updated productively but just declines to boot. It congeals at the Apple logo spinning gears screen and the gears just discontinue spinning and fans ramp up. Never mind. Just going to nuke the complete partition. That was fun at the same time as it lasted.

I as well have similar trouble here. Are you, by any chance? Utilizing a 2011 MBP? My iMac's updated well, but I get this problem just on my Macbook Pro. I have attempted reinstalling DP2 and after that upgrading to the novel construct two times now and obtain the similar problem- just way I can get around it is to totally reinstall DP2, but not setup last night's update. It's so maddening, because the whole thing feels snappier and more receptive on my iMac – I would love it on my Macbook Pro.

Here I also wish to add something in this case. I speculate if it's mismatched with 2011 Macbook Pros, then. I have friends who have 09/10 Macbook Pros and the update has setup with no troubles for them. The just thing that's making me put to one side judgment on its inappropriateness is Apple pushing it out to '11 Macbook Pros and not making any remarks in Update part of the Software Update. It looks very negligent on their part.

I was experiencing the similar troubles as others later than installing DP3. That is, installation looked ok, until it got to "moving items into place" later than which it hung. I forced a resume, and ended up with the grey display and spinning gear. I just go though the below suggestion:
    1. Just Rebooted to Snow Leopard
    2. After that unlocked the root Library folder
    3. Unlocked the Updates folder and situated the "lionswupdate.pkg"
    4. The pathway is (root)/Library/Updates/031-0780/lionswupdate.pkg
    5. Twice-clicked that, re-ran the installer application.
    6. This time, while it got to the "moving items into place" section, the task completed (in comparatively short time) and I got "the installation was successful".

While I shut down Lion the first time later than the update, it looked to take additional time, with quite a bit of disk activity. I am going to guess that the trouble may be because of files that generally get written at shutdown to be read at the next boot. These would in general be read and pre-loaded earlier than the finder loaded, but could not be, therefore the spinning wheel that prohibited the finder from loading. Later than I lastly got a good boot after running the process over, and Lion corrected anything it required to correct at shutdown, consequent shutdowns are "normal" once more.