Thread: Dual Booting Windows 7 and CentOS: Error message ‘disabling IRQ 169’

Dual Booting Windows 7 and CentOS: Error message ‘disabling IRQ 169’

I am having Dell laptop and two hard disk. On one hard disk I have installed Windows 7 on another I have installed CentOS. Both of the operating system is seems to be working fine and but I am getting an issue when I plugged both the hard drive. I am getting an error message ‘disabling IRQ 169’ I am not having any idea why this particular error message on the screen. Let me know if you are having any suggestion to meet the requirement of mine.

Re: Dual Booting Windows 7 and CentOS: Error message ‘disabling IRQ 169’

It is really hard to figure out the root cause of the problem. Let me know about the hardware and software configuration of the computer? Can you provide the entire error log which has been generated while occurring of the error? Let me know whether you have done any hardware changes on the computer. I am waiting for the answers of the above mentioned questions so that I can let you know about the further steps for troubleshooting.

Looking at the problem which you have mentioned over here I want to know whether you have plugged any USB bootable device with the computer. if your answer is yes then I think it is messing while doing booting of the computer. So I think you need to modify the BIOS boot order or you can also disconnect the USB device and see whether you are getting any error message on the screen. Let me know about the results about the above mentioned thing.

I was having the same problem which you have mentioned over here in this thread. After doing lots of research work I have managed to fix the problem of mine. Well I have simply installed an updated copy of the Grub on the computer of mine. you can get the latest version of the Grub from the official website. you should download and installed the same on the computer. Once you have done with installation you should restart the computer of yours.

Well I am highly suspecting that this particular issue is being happening due to BIOS issue. Hence I am suggesting that you should visit the official website of the motherboard manufacturer and get the latest version of the BIOS. You should download and installed the same on the motherboard of yours. You should be very careful while installing the BIOS because any mistake while doing the same would killed the Motherboard of yours.

I think the thing which you are looking to have is beyond the limit of this particular forum. Only Technical support team can help you out to fix the matter of yours. you should provide all the information regarding the computer configuration and the error message which you are getting on the computer. I am hoping that the technical support team would help you out to solve the problem of yours.