Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Samba Authentication by using Kerberos: Unable to add to the AD machine

Operating Systems

Old 05-05-2011

Samba Authentication by using Kerberos: Unable to add to the AD machine

Hey folks I am having a particular issue on the computer of mine and which I wanted to solve by any mean. I am having CentOS 3.0 , kerbose and Samba on the computer of mine. I have configured but I am getting following error message on the screen which can be stated as follow. ‘error Failed to set password for machine account (NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED)
Failed to join domain: Access denied’ Let me know if you are having any idea how to get rid out from this situation. Thanks a lot in advance.

Old 05-05-2011

Re: Samba Authentication by using Kerberos: Unable to add to the AD machine

Let me know whether you are using Virtual Environment? If your answer is yes then tell me which kind of the Virtual Environment do you using? Which host do you using in the Virtual Environment? If you are using Windows system then you might be aware of the host name? however you might be aware of the physical server. Hence you should answer the above mentioned question as early as possible. So that I can let you know about the possible solution for troubleshooting.
Old 05-05-2011

Looking at the problem of yours i wanted further more information regarding the problem which you are getting on the series of yours. You should provide information regarding the Samba Configuration and also provide the information regarding the Samba log. You can get the same into /var/log/samba location. So you should post the above mentioned details over here in this particular thread.
Old 05-05-2011

Well it is an existing Windows AD server and it is Windows 2003 server. I have already tried with the same operating system with using the same packages and it seems to be working fine on the Virtual Environment. When I go to the live network it is prompting with an error message on the screen. So I am having an issue with the live network. So you should clear the thing whether you are having an issue with the Virtual Environment.
Old 05-05-2011

I have tried to figure out the difference between the virtual and physical server and I have noticed that there is no much difference between the same. In order to fix the problem of yours I am suggesting that you should go for installing the Samba update on the computer. Make sure that you have remove all the previous version of the Samba update from the computer and then go for installing the latest update of the Samba on the computer.
Old 06-05-2011

I am highly suspecting that this particular issue is being happening due to bug issue into Samba. Hence I recommend that you should contact the developer of the program and file a bug report. You should also provide all the information regarding the computer configuration and the error message which you are getting on the system of yours. The developer would work on the situation and let you know about the further steps for troubleshooting.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,