Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Able to see duplicate folders in homegroup

Operating Systems

Old 05-05-2011

Able to see duplicate folders in homegroup

Hello friends. Greetings to all of you present there. I hope you all have been doing well. Guys, stuck up in an issue. Would be really nice if people can help me. Basically, the thing is that I am able to see duplicate, indistinguishable folders in my Homegroup screen on my Asus laptop. They are referring to authentic directories on to my desktop. What is the procedure to do away with the copies? Guys please provide some solutions. Really thanks in advance. I am using windows 7.

Old 05-05-2011

Re: Able to see duplicate folders in homegroup

Hey dude I can help you out on this but I wished you had given some more details and elaborated your query. In order to make this matter apparent, I would like to verify whether each and every contents in photocopy folders are the equivalent? Does the duplicate folders location indicate to the same network path? Also, I would like to hear from your side whether F drive still is surviving? Had you mentioned about the things then scenario would really have been better.
Old 05-05-2011

Hey mate. I have a solution to your question. At present, I would like to put forward to you that you abandon the home group sharing onto the E drive, also if there is not anything in share folder onto the supplementary computers, I would request you to again share your folder to make sure the result. In the intervening time, I would imply you that you should incarcerate a number of associated screenshots .I hope my reply helps you in some way or the other.
Old 05-05-2011

Hey mate, I have a answer to it. I feel that you may be looking at the machine along with the explorer which generally has very out of the ordinary ideas about how to illustrate disk content.I powerfully put forward to you tomake use of a folder and file browser that does nothing nevertheless demonstrates folders and files. Gyyla's Navigator is there if you do not wish to study about the command line. I hope this helps.
Old 05-05-2011

Hey buddy, I feel that each and every you must copied numerous copies of the similar folders to the system. I would recommend you that you should most likely go throughout and have a look what may be diverse in the user profiles then decide as to which ones to remove. You may be required to shift some files to an additional area in order to be confirmed that you have them accessible if in case anything does not work as expected.
Old 06-05-2011

I have a feeling that your homegroup appears to think you have two computers having the similar name. I would imply you that you should try and leave the homegroup and see what it displays then.Also,if you wish to change the name of the user folder then move into your user account and there you will be able to see an alternative in order to alter the account name. It may not really modify the folder names, however you will be having a original user name.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,