Thread: Colorful screen on every boot-up

Colorful screen on every boot-up

Hey friends, please help me get rid of this irritating problem, I have been facing from last few days. The problem is when I am starting my desktop system. Whenever I start it, initially it displays the Motherboard detail screen and then some colorful screen appears. After few seconds the system restarts and the same process keeps continuing again and again unless I disconnect the computer from the power source. I am running windows XP OS in my system. Please help me solve my problem.

Re: Colorful screen on every boot-up

The problem seems to be complicated. It can happen because of any reason. Hardware and software problems; both can cause this unusual behavior of your Windows system. So I would suggest you to check out the connections first. Make sure all the connections are proper and all the hardware peripherals are installed properly in your system. Also check out the power supply. An uneven power supply or misplaced or corrupt hardware can be responsible to force you window to go corrupt and then create troubles while booting up.

I would suggest you to start your system in safe mode and try to login into your Windows account and perform some actions. While you are starting up your system; press f8 button. Safe Mode screen will appear. Now Run your windows in safe mode. Once you have started your windows go to Start > Run and type cmd in the text field and press Enter. Type chkdsk in command prompt and start the disk checking. It will take long hours to get complete. This process will detect errors in the hard drive and repair them. It might be possible that your problem is caused due some registry problem or some hard disk issue.

It was very kind of you guys to reply my post so quickly and try to solve my problem. But unfortunately your solutions did not help me in anyways. I checked out all my connections and nothing seems to me misplaced or lose, they are working perfectly. I even tried to run windows in Safe Mode but unluckily that too is not helping me. I am unable to go even to the safe mode screen. Now this problem is just irritating me like hell. Please help me. Give me more suggestions. They will be appreciated. Thank you to everyone who made and will be making an effort to solve my issue by reply to this post.

Dude, according to me the problem is solely your installed Windows XP operating system. The only solution for this problem is to perform Windows Recovery. You can use Windows Recovery console to perform Windows Recovery. You can make use of the Windows Recovery console of your Windows XP CD and complete the system recovery task. Insert the Windows XP CD in your CD/DVD drive and restart your computer. Enter the options as per your computer to enter or boot from your CD. Once you have done that, follow the onscreen instruction and type R in the text field when asked for. This R is for recovery or Repair. If asked for administrator password, then enter the password and continue the process.

It might be possible that you must have corrupted your Hard disk. To check the following, I would recommend you to perform clean installation of XP in a 8 GB Flash drive and try to run XP from there. Change your primary boot up from your hard disk to the USB in which you have connected your flash drive. Start up your Windows XP and check whether the system is showing your drives after you go to My Computer. If the window is showing the drives then the hard disk is ok and there is some windows issue. But if no drives are shown then it is clear that your hard disk has got corrupted and you need to replace it with the new one.

I would suggest you to format your complete system including every drive and reinstall the Windows XP along with the drivers and utilities in your Toshiba laptop by using the Toshiba utilities and Drivers CD. Reinstallation of the OS and drivers seems to be the only solution according to me to solve your problem. If this is also not helping you then the only solution left with you is to send your laptop to Toshiba Service center and get it repaired there by the technical staff of Toshiba. If your laptop is under warranty period then you will be able to get your laptop repaired for free.