Thread: openssh/login shell in CentOS 5.5

openssh/login shell in CentOS 5.5

Well I have installed CentOS 5.5 on the computer of mine. I am looking to have particular solution for the query of mine and I am hoping that the users of this particular forum would help you to get the requirement of mine. I want to pass the Shell command line arguments when I am doing SSH on the Linux account. Let me know if you are aware of the thing which I have mentioned over here. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: openssh/login shell in CentOS 5.5

The thing which you are looking to have is seems to be really easy to get. Well all the users on the computer should have an unique account with the preferred shell. I let you know that the multiple users on the computer should not share the account. In case they are looking to have access on the files and simply used the group membership and the permission to get the same. so you should consider the point while doing the same.

I am having a particular solution to get the requirement of yours I am hoping that it will help you out to solve the problem of yours. you should login into the computer and give sudu access to the all the desired users. So that they will get the privilege to get the thing according to their requirement. According to me it is really easy to achieve and you can implement the same in really short time of interval.

Looking at the requirement of yours I am suggesting that you should use the below mentioned command and see whether it is working or not. first of you should set the shell to the /bin/bash. And execute the following command on the terminal.
    Code:
    ssh zzz@abc "/bin/csh -i"
    use the above mentioned command and let me know about the results.

I want to discuss which would be helpful to find out the difference between the interactive bash shell or login bash shell. You have to see into the man bash and look for the invocation part. Once you have initialized the login shell you did not require to do some task such as starting the service without executing the command on the terminal. I think you have understood the difference in the situation.

Well I want to say thanks a lot for the replying with the proper solution to get the requirement of yours. I have found that the information which you have mentioned over here was really helpful and it helped to meet the need of mine. So I want to appreciate your efforts which you have put in to help me out. Anyway thanks a lot again for the replying with suggestions over here.