Thread: Windows 7: Delete all event logs at once

Windows 7: Delete all event logs at once

I have longed for the ability to delete all records of events with a single click from Windows XP. It was not so bad in those days because there were only a handful of records of events. Then came Vista, with a lot of them and a collection point for events administrator. It's a real pain in the boot to disappear all the problems during the filming go to each home event log and clear it manually. I thought maybe Windows 7 comes with this feature, but unfortunately I'm not one of the thousands of people who can claim that Windows 7 was my idea. So after much research, I found a small building on the command line utility called wevtutil. Provide me more information on this.

Re: Windows 7: Delete all event logs at once

I am left speculating how clearing out event logs, which are intended to AID in troubleshooting, someway makes the process simpler. You mislay all the past context of events leading up to a trouble that can be very important to figuring out the trouble. You should be able to make your personal custom log views and filter out the sound you are not involved in. Why are you being adamant on utilizing an outmoded and less effectual technique while a better one is staring you right in the face? Take the time to know how to correctly utilize the revamped event viewer, and I think you will seem back one day and laugh concerning how you had to grope around in the dark before.

With over 20 years of experience, there comes a time to clean the event log. Yes, they are very valuable in solving problems and record keeping, especially in a corporate environment. And yes, of course, you can create your own custom views to add the information to your taste. And yes, occasionally it is good to just dump them all after making changes to see a very clean record. His answer is rather condescending and very narrow minded. If you do not need this feature then do not use. After all, the option to deactivate a session at a time is constructed and standard for all records separately, this is just a script to clean the house more efficient.

Well, probably majority of people do not even know that there is the event log, so they will not care about cleaning it out. The poor devil who called to come fix your computer when you screw something. That could be a different story. Work on long enough, and quickly come to learn that people lie to try to cover their stupidity. "Nothing has changed" is one of the most common lies. Sometimes it is true, but most of the time can be translated into that, "I know you said do not touch, but it was bright red! I could not help myself!"

Since I was interested in clearing the event logs on the server 2008, and records of events are different from Windows 7, a command system that only performs:
    Code:
    wevtutil el> del_evt_logs.cmd
    which gives all the event logs of Windows Server 2008, and then do a search and replace to insert the cl wevtutil the beginning of each line, to quote the lines ending with spaces in them. I find it much easier to clean the records periodically rather than continuing to waste too much for too long. If you are getting "red x" or "yellow!" S "will soon be many more of them for review.

I also have run into a few very "odd ball" errors that appear only in the area from space and my best attempts met with aggravation. The majority of cases generally outstanding and competent answers in places like this - for which I am eternally grateful. A "trick" I discovered this way was a tool that Microsoft released the "System Update Readiness Tool." In spite of what the title says, this tool is especially useful for a lot of other things too.