Thread: How to solve Kernel Error displaying on console in Centos

How to solve Kernel Error displaying on console in Centos

Hi friends, I am writing one issue which I am facing on my system, please help me to troubleshoot it. When I start my computer I am watching “kernel: Northbridge Error, node 2<0>K8 ECC error" error on console. When I seen such error I replaced all of the memory, but unfortunately the error remained same. I am currently using CentOS plus due to XFS. So can anyone tell me what the issue is? Guys please help me with this. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to solve Kernel Error displaying on console in Centos

Hey I have gone through to your problem, and I have done some searches in it. I was also getting the same error as my system was same with the same error on console. When I got this error I just updated my Kernel to latest version. And I resolved the problem; it was not the major damage to the system. XFS is quite older today, so just update your Kernel with latest version. Hopefully it will solve your problem as it solved mine. So All the Best and Enjoy the Linux environment.

Hello friend, I have check the setting and tried to search with update of Kernel, and I just wanted to say that it is working. The solution in above post is true and I am agreed with it. and if is not working for you and you have already replaced all the memory then there must be some problem in hardware which is not supporting. So as per my suggestion just try to use alternative with changes in CPU Fan and power supply. Sometime due to heat issue you face such error. Just try it and let me know about it.

Hey if it is not the hardware issue then you need to do is, just find out the source of the error. If you are getting error with BIOS option like “Gart Table Walk Error MC reporting: Disabled/Enabled” then you must disable it. And if you are not getting any error related to BIOS then you must try to fix it with version 2.6.32. I hope that above 2 alternatives will help you solve this error. But keep in mind that you finding accurate error source and changing it accordingly. All the Best!

Hey friend, I think I have got the error, as per my knowledge the problem is with syslog.conf. just check for it that are you able to do change in /etc/sysconfig.conf. if you are not able to find it properly then you can follow the below path:

Code:
    /etc/syslog.conf
    # rpm -qf /etc/syslog.conf
    Sysklogd-1.4.1-46.el5
    Just find this folder and change it accordingly, it will solve your problem.

Hello friends, I have come out of my problem. Finally the above path solved my problem. First of all I tried to solve it by updating BIOS to latest version, no doubt about it that it solved my problem for just 2 to 3 reboots, after that problem got started again. There was no error in hardware devices, as they are recent and new. After that I found the error source and done changes in above mentioned path. I configured all the setting to default and reboot the PC, and then finally I got it and solved my problem. Thanks a lot to all who helped me to solve this problem.