Thread: Disabled user account in CentOS 5.5

Disabled user account in CentOS 5.5

I totally new to Linux based operating system. Well I have recently installed CentOS 5.5 on the computer of mine. I have added the user accounts on the server for the email purposes and simply added the forwarded file on the user directory. Well I wanted to disable all the user accounts without having any password which have disabled the user account which I have created. I am unable to figure out anything to fix the problem of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Disabled user account in CentOS 5.5

Looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am sure that the password of the that particular user account would be ungussable. Well according to me the password for that particular account would be into the bin, daemon or admin directory of the computer. I think you need to login into the system as a root and simply look into the directory which I have mentioned over here.

You told me that the user of the newly created user account is unable to login into the computer of yours. Hence I am suggesting that you should explicitly set the login shell to the /sbin/nologin by using the following piece of the code on the terminal of the computer.
    Code:
    chsh -s /sbin/nologin <username>
    So use the above mentioned command on the terminal and let me know about the results.

I think I am having another solution which you can apply to get the requirement of yours. I am suggesting that you should use ‘usermod’ command without using any quotes on the terminal in following manner.
    Code:
    /usr/sbin/usermod -s /bin/bash <username>
    Here <username> name of the user which is being used into bash directory of the system of yours.

Looking at the matter of yours I personally recommend that you should login into the computer as root and simply delete the user account which is causing an issue on the computer. you have to recover the .forward emails from the your side. Os you should try the thing which I have mentioned over here so that other users who are having the same problem will learn from the experience of yours.

I am highly suspecting that this particular issue being happening due to some technical issue. So I recommend that you should contact the technical support team for the further help. Well you should provide entire details regarding the problem which you are getting as well as system configuration of the computer. I am sure that the technical support team of the developer would definitely help you out to solve the problem of your.