Thread: Working on samba upgrade on CentOS

Working on samba upgrade on CentOS

I am still struggling out to add some machines to my domain windows 7 Samba with Linux centos, after making all, I realized that is the samba version that will not let me add the machine. Please if anyone can help me with commands to update the version I have is 3.0.33-3.29 and I need to stop to 3.4 or higher. I need help to understand that the upgrade affects the samba pdc driver service. I also need a bit help with the samba setup and installation if that is needed to perform back.

Re: Working on samba upgrade on CentOS

First of all it is necessary to know that which version of CentOS you are using. The version 5.5 adds support for Windows 7 in the package samba3x. I had already worked on Centos 5.5 and but now are upgrading to 3.3. samba and now I can update to 3.5. I am looking for the the command to upgrade to 3.4. And after doing everything on Windows will create changes in the security policies of windows 7also. Also does I will need to all all windows patches to the.

Since version 3.3.7 has support for Windows 7 for this my recommendation is that you must stay with the pack of samba3x. if I mistake not this is not the version of3.3.8. To me is working perfect. Your problem sounds like Windows policy issue. If you still decide to upgrade, there is a repo for RH with newer versions. You might to need to search for an much better and upgrade version for the same. That might work without any issue.

Imagine that you install the new version of Samba 3.5, and nothing would not let me add the user win7 watch these are the changes you make to the policy. For that go in control panel > Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy and then choose Local Policies > Security Options. Go in Network security an din LAN Authentication Level Manager > Send LM & NTLM responses. From here set the minimum session security for NTLM SSP and remove 128-bit encryption required .

I pass the parameters, but I doubt the problem comes from the Samba side. To us it happened something like that, but people decided to support Windows and was a policy issue. Samba consists of a server and a client, as well as some tools to make practical services or to test the setup. Before you install Samba, it is obviously necessary to get the RPMs or source, and add TCP / IP and NetBIOS on the clients so that they can access the Samba services.

Samba configuration is done through a single configuration file: smb.conf. This file is located in the directory / usr / local / samba / lib. This file describes the resources that we wish to share and the permissions / restrictions associated with them. The smb.conf file is divided under headings (each referenced by a line containing the section name in brackets), each comprising a set of parameter lines of the type attribute = value. A line beginning with a # is a comment line.