Thread: Getting error message while installing emacs using yum on CentOS 5.5

Getting error message while installing emacs using yum on CentOS 5.5

I have installed CentOS 5.5 on the computer of mine. I have tried to run yum install emacs and I was unable to do the same and it is resulting into an error message. I have searched on the Google to get the root cause of the problem but I was unable to get anything relevant. Let me know if you are aware of the problem which I am getting. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Getting error message while installing emacs using yum on CentOS 5.5

I am asking some specific question which would be useful to find out the root cause of the problem.
    Can you tell me about the entire system configuration of the computer of yours? Do you have done any hardware or software changes on the computer? Can you post the entire error message which you are getting on the computer of yours? Can you tell me which dependencies you are trying to install on the computer.

I am highly suspecting that this particular issue is being happening due to low disk space on the hard disk of yours. hence I recommend that you should see whether enough disk space on the hard disk. If you are not having any hard disk space then you remove the unwanted programs from the computer and make an attempt to install the program on the computer. Make sure that you are installing the same becoming as a root of the system.

Looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am suspecting that this particular issue is being occurring due to corruption of the packages which you have downloaded on the computer of yours. hence I recommend that you should install the below mentioned command on the computer and see whether it is working or not.
    Code:
    # yum clean all
    Once you have executed the above mentioned command and try to install the same and see whether it is working or not.

Let me know whether you are looking to have X-Windows support on the computer of yours. if you are not wanted the same then you should simply install the emacs-nox RPM. If it did not working then need to contact the technical support team for further assistance. I am sure that the developer team would be helpful to fixed the problem of yours. You should not forget to provide the information regarding the computer and error message which you are getting on the computer.

I want to say thanks a lot for replying with the possible solution to fix the problem of mine. I have solved the problem of mine by simply deleting all the files and reinstalling the same on the computer of mine. after doing the same I am not having any issue so far. So I really wanted to appreciate your efforts which you put in to solve the matter of mine. Again Thanks a lot for replying.