Thread: Unable to install windows XP on Sony Vaio VGN CR324

Unable to install windows XP on Sony Vaio VGN CR324

Hello everyone, recently I purchased the Sony Vaio VGN CR324 laptop. Initially it contains the windows vista operating system but I am not satisfied with this OS. So, I try to install the windows XP OS but in between the installation it gives the error and gives the unsuccessful installation message. Here my question is this laptop supports the windows XP or not? The configurations of this laptop is to be Intel Pentium Dual-Core T2390 Processor, 14.1 inch display, 1GB DDR2 RAM and 200GB HDD. Any suggestions would be appreciates.

Re: Unable to install windows XP on Sony Vaio VGN CR324

Hey dude, these configurations you describes is absolutely correct and this type of configurations will be fulfilling the windows XP requirement. Here the trouble is occurred because I think you did not use the original setup CD of the win xpd and hence it gives the unsuccessful error message. For solving this kind of issue you need to purchase the windows XP original CD and use it for installation purpose. I think this solutions work and win xpd successfully install on the laptop.

Hey, this is not the compatibility issue. I think you do not understand the basic reason behind that. See, initially the BIOS will be holds some setting which can be decides that which OS are installed on the system and which not. Then you need to go into your laptop BIOS and then you need to change the SATA hard disk settings. By default, this will set to the AHCI. Then you need to change it to the IDE or ATA. This IDE or ATA will allow the BIOS to give facility for installing the windows XP operating system.

I also faced the similar kind of trouble in this laptop. See, whenever I try to install the windows XP over this laptop hard disk then it gives several unknown error message. I want to install windows XP without uninstalling the vista OS. After reading so many articles I understand that this laptop will not allow this kind of facility. Then I take one decision and complete format the hard disk. I use original XP CD and install it. It does not make any error message.

Hi, I also want to share some thoughts about this concept. There is initially vista presents in the laptop and I want to install XP on it without uninstalling the vista. So, then I read the manual of the laptop and in the one point they describe that this laptop also provide this kind of facility. So, after reading many concepts then I realized that it needs to install the XP compatible driver which will help to install XP OS without uninstalling vista.

The point here mentioned is correct. For installing the XP OS you need to first install the XP compatible driver. This type of driver will not presents even in the original XP bootable CD. Hence for soling this kind of issue and installing the driver you need to go to the Sony support site and the download and install XP compatible driver. So, I think you understand the actual issue and these solutions will be helpful to solve the trouble. Then use this solution and install the XP on it.

Hey I also faced this same kind of issue. So, I use the original bootable XP CD for installing it onto the laptop but it gives the error message. Then I read some article and I try to install the XP compatible driver. But this cannot helpful to solve the trouble. Then finally I contact the Sony service provider. Then I search the nearest service center and take help of the technician. They will help me to solve the trouble and finally I able to install the windows XP on the laptop.