Thread: Unable to use uTorrent on CentOS 5.5

Unable to use uTorrent on CentOS 5.5

I have installed CentOS 5.5 on the computer of mine. Recently I have downloaded uTorrent on the computer and tried to installed the same. but unfortunately I am getting an error message while I am doing installation of the same. let me know if there is any way to resolve this particular issue. already I have done some quick googling but I was unable to find out the root cause of the problem. Let me know if you are having any helpful suggestion to meet the requirement of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to use uTorrent on CentOS 5.5

I am unable to figure out why this particular problem is occurring on the computer of yours. Can you tell me about the entire hardware and software configuration about computer of yours? Do you have done any hardware or software changes on the computer? Can you post the entire error message which you are getting on the computer of yours? So answer the above mentioned thing and see whether it is helpful or not.

Well I was having the same problem while I am trying to install uTorrent on the computer. However I have managed to fix the problem of mine by executing the following command on the terminal.
    Code:
    $ sudo yum --disablerepo \* --enablerepo rpmforge list \*torrent\*
    After executing the above mentioned command I have resolved the problem of mine. So try the above mentioned command and see whether it is working or not.

I am suggesting the following instruction which you can use to fix the problem of yours. First of all you need to unpack tarball and then you need to run the utserver. If you are running the utserver on the terminal then you would be able to start up and see whether you are getting any fatal error on the screen. Also you need check and verify the ports and router on the system are configured properly. Also see whether all other configuration is done properly.

Looking at the problem which you have provided over here I am suggesting the following command which you should execute on the terminal.
    Code:
    ln -s /lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8e /lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8
    ln -s /lib/libssl.so.0.9.8e /lib/libssl.so.0.9.8
    once you have executed the above mentioned command you should run the utserver on the system of yours.

the people who are looking to load the utserver on boot should copy and paste at the location where the utserver is being stored. After doing the same you need to create the symlink in rc2.d. you can execute the below mentioned command on the terminal and see whether it is working.
    Code:
    cd /etc/rc2.d/ 
    sudo ln -sf <path to script> S99utserver
    Let me know whether it is working or not.