Thread: CentOS 5.5 is crashing while installing

CentOS 5.5 is crashing while installing

This particular forum has helped me many time to fix the problem of mine hence I have returned with another query which I need to be solved in anyway. I wanted to install CentOS 5.5 on the computer of mine. however it seems to be crashing at the time of installation. I have tried with the different thing to solve the matter but it did not help me at all. Let me know if you are having any suggestion to fix the problem of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: CentOS 5.5 is crashing while installing

Looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am suspecting that there could be different reason which might be causing the problem on the computer. So tell me about the configuration of the computer of yours. Also I am suggesting following command which you should execute on the terminal and post the output of the same so that I can examine the same and let you know about the further steps for troubleshooting.
    Code:
    Lcpci –m

I was having the similar kind of issue while installing CentOS 64 bit on the computer of mine. however I have installed CentOS 5.5 32bit successfully. I have upgraded the computer of mine 2.6.18 kernel with PAE and also I have installed latest VirtualBox on the computer. After doing the same I am not having instability on the computer. Sometime VirtualBox seems to be prompting with error message however the over all performance of the system is satisfactory.

I think you need to play with the different boot options and see whether it is working or not. Particularly I recommend that you should use askmethod while doing installation of the operating system on the computer. Well this particularly would be useful to choose the installation method which you can use to boot the computer from the live DVD of the operating system. Also you can use ‘apic’ command without quotes while there is any bug issue with the BIOS of the Intel 440GX chipset and should be execute at the time of the installation of the Kernel.

You can get an error message when you are getting following error message on the screen, ‘No devices found to install Red Hat Enterprise Linux’. Well this particular problem which you are getting is being happening because the SSCI controller is unable to being recognized by the installation program. You need to visit the website of the hardware manufacturer and install the driver for the SSCI controller of the system.

Let me know whether you have created any swap and root partition on the hard disk of yours. if your answer is yes then you need to choose the root partition and simply use the remaining space. Make sure that it should not fill the hard disk entirely. If your hard disk is having 1024 cylinders or more than you must simply create a /boot partition in case you are looking to use the root partition to use all the remaining space of the hard disk of yours.