Thread: How to run the make menuconfig in Centos 5.5

How to run the make menuconfig in Centos 5.5

Hello friend, currently I am running on Centos 5.5 and I want to run the make menuconfig in this free software operating system. I need this command to change the type of processor and the number of power options presents into the system. To perform this operation I need some help for running this command. Somebody who have expert in Centos please explain me the step by step process to run this command and change the processor type and power options.

Re: How to run the make menuconfig in Centos 5.5

You need to build a custom kernel for CentOS. The Centos OS is based on the Linux which is the type of Unix operating system. It will help you to run the make menuconfig command. You can help the custom options from the CentOS sources which will provide the facility to build the custom kernel in the Centos. Then use these inbuilt custom options of the Centos source and make the new kernel in the system. Then you can be easily run the make menuconfig command into the Centos command prompt.

Hey dude, I also faced the similar kind of issue. In that time, I try to make custom, kernel but it shows error message. Every time I use make rpm command and try to build the custom kernel but within few seconds it gives the error message. Then I referred the markkuk in the wiki Centos and it describes that there is no make rpm command presents in the Centos. So, then I doesn’t use this command to build custom kernel. Then I download kernel.org web site and install it. It helps me to run the make menuconfig command.

For change the processor type and the number of power options presents in the system you need to run the make menuconfig command. You can directly run this command onto the Centos 5.5 OS and then you need to reboot the system. This will help you to solve the trouble. After rebooting system it also affective and the user can be easily change the processor type and its current power options. So, use these solutions for solving the trouble.

Hey, I think you need to rebuild a new kernel. The new kernel helps you to solve this kind of trouble. For building new kernel, you need the step by step process which is presents in the user guide manual of the Centos 5.5 and it also helpful you to describe the make menuconfig command run procedure. Then as per mine suggestions you need to read the manual of the Centos and understand the process of the system. It help you lot to solve the trouble.

I also faced this kind of trouble in the Centos and I never know the exact procedure for running the make menuconfig command. These make menuconfig command helpful to change the configurations of the system. There are several command presents in the Centos but it can’t work effective without using custom kernel. So, I had take advice of the expert and he told me the step by step procedure to run this command onto the Centos system.

Few weeks ago I need to run the make menuconfig command. In that time I had some hardware troubles and I need to fix this kind of issues. Then somebody told me that the make menuconfig command helpful to fix the hardware trouble and hence I decided to use this command. Then I read the manual of the Centos but it can’t help me to understand the procedure for running the make menuconfig command. Then, I read this procedure on the Centos forum and it gives the step by step process of running the command.