Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2011

Error in Installing centos 5.5 on DL380 g3

i am really in a mess installing 5.5. Without any exception the attached error will be returned. The system is a fully functional HP ProLiant DL380 Generation 3 and runs on 32 bits please provide me with the necessary information need to for my problem.when attempting to either paste the contents of acdump.txt or upload the file, the following is returned. Failed opening directory with write permission: /var/www/html/oldwebcopy.centos.org/uploads/newbb
MIME type not allowed: text/plain.
Old 02-05-2011

Re: Error in Installing centos 5.5 on DL380 g3

i think you are choosing the option which enables the Centos Extras repository during the installation process. the same problem is also responsible for the crash in the installer and the current solution is not to use .ok this option during the install and then enable the Extras repository manually at the end of the installation. there are many such issues evolving in the system and if you ever face any other issues come on the forum and post a thread for it. i keep on checking so will keep on trying to help.
Old 02-05-2011

If some how the main package manager on your operating system ever gets broken, the last thing coming to your mind must be install another package manager,when specially it is from the source. Dependency is like the hell is the last thing you would ever want. i recommend first try to fix the corrupted yum first and foremost. this is the most important feature of centos if its broken some how you should not think of doing any thing else.
Old 02-05-2011

centos like every other Linux system uses the basis of Linux security protocol and Linux is the tiny squeal of the vast UNIX. Linux and UNIX both specialize in network as the UNIX was made for server purposes and the Linux is its tiny part it is also able to execute the task work really easily but other then that the installation process also takes a lot of time and it has a very large installation process. its all about customization when it comes to installing a Linux based operating system.
Old 02-05-2011

before you install the DVD try to check it to be for free of read errors. then go to install the operating software and again try using all the packages you have installed.the forum attachment function is permanently broken. If the file you want to upload is small then you can just include it within [ code ] [ /code ] tags but if it's large then there is a http://pastebin.centos.org that will take it then you can include a link to it here.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,