Thread: System login problem for Centos 5.5

System login problem for Centos 5.5

Hi guys. It’s sweet and sour to inform you that I have just completed installing Linux OS on my computer for the foremost time. The sour thing is that I am having problems to log in to redhat. While the login process is going on it gives me an error message informing that you had entered an invalid entry. Repeating it, it does not allow me to Log in again. While installing I had provided password for the user Root. I usually use this user name has set 1234root as its password. Still it do not allow me to login. Need help. Thanks.

Re: System login problem for Centos 5.5

Its very complex to estimate what the actual problem you are facing without more information. Usually it is recommended not to log into the system as root , instead you should log in as a ordinary user and then become root, if and ever required. After login with a single user mode you should interrupt GRand Unified Boot loader (GRUB). The next thing you should do is just type a character say for example “space” .This might take you to the Kernel Line after that just press “a” with a number “1”. This will give you root shell. You might now be able to change the user id and password for all your users. Even after restarting the system I am sure nothing will change in your root shell. Hope your issue get solved.

It might be the funniest reply on any forum but might be the silliest thing which we usually follow. I am not blaming everyone in personal, it’s a general opinion. Sometimes we might forget to check, whether our keyboard is working properly. All the keys present are producing precise output as required. Sometimes it happens that pressing any alphabet key might display some number or not the respective alphabet you just pressed. So I would like to advise you to check that out. If it’s fine then just check out for the spelling mistakes. It might happen in a hurry that you might not enter proper spelling for your user name and password. Sure if that’s only the fault then I am sure your getting your problem solved.

We all know the most initial step to enter in a system is to log in. You need to enter into a system to get your things carried your way. Even after installing the operating system error free we might get a Login error. Hence it is said that “Well Begun is half done.” The initial thing I would suggest you to check whether you had entered proper user name and proper password for that user itself. Many a time it happens that having multiple user and multiple password we might not enter the proper id and proper password provided to the respective users. In simpler term it’s something like switching the details. If this is your mistake, just check it out again and get your problem solved.