Thread: After OS selection Boot locks

After OS selection Boot locks

I just installed Centos 5.5 on two computers, one in my hp probook laptop and one is on my desktop. I installed all the components listed (Gnome, KDE, server, etc) to learn about the system in a network environment. The laptop boots without any problem, but the desktop crashes after the operating system is selected. Both have no other operating system and both have the exact same installation settings.
    This is the message the desktop find stuck at:
    Root (hd0, 0)
    File system type is
    ext2fs, partition type 0x83
    Kernel /xen.gz-26.18-194.e15
    [Multiboot-elf,
    <0x100000:0xc94c8:0x57b38>
    Has someone else encountered this difficulty or be acquainted with how to correct it?

Re: After OS selection Boot locks

I'd try a few things to debug the problem. One would be the boot runlevel 1, also known as single user mode, by interrupting GRUB, type a character as "space" and then adding to the kernel line through typing "a" back through " rhgb quiet "and adding" 1 ". This is supposed to give you a shell and not showing a login prompt. You possibly will also struggle runlevel 3, text mode, through changing "1" with "3". I note that you are using Xen which often causes problems with drivers. Start with a standard core would also be worth a try. The other test would be to boot from the Centos LiveCD 5.5 to test the functionality of hardware with Centos.

Hello according to me you chosen "Virtualization" as one of the apparatus to install reviewer through the actuality you are demanding to boot xen kernel. Your hardware most likely doesn't maintain it and do you truly require Virtualization on top of a desktop? If you are not clear with your doubt then contact with Centos maybe it’s an operating system problem so they will suggest you the proper solution on your query. Thank you.

Hello guys thank you for your reply. I have presently gone all the way through several trial-error tests to discover the difficulty:
    1) Install not including Virtualization. Boot find stuck at the similar place through dissimilar message:
    Root (hd0, 0)
    Filesystem type is ext2fs, partition type 0x83
    Kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.18-194.e15 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb quiet
    [Linux-bzImage, setup=0x1e00, size=0x1c7f54]
    2) Attach the kernel line through runlevel 1 and 3, but still got similar message.
    3) Install through one less item, Got similar message on the entire attempts, together with presently installing Desktop Gnome. I'm at this moment downloading the LiveCd iso to observe if it works on top of my system.

Hello as per my knowledge and experience I don't imagine you are still receiving away from uproot. Those message the entire look similar to the diagnostics that uproot position out earlier than it hands control in excess of to the just-loaded o/s kernel. Is there something abnormal regarding the machine you are installing taking place? Is it extremely old? An outlandish processor? I don’t have a much idea about it. If you find appropriate solution then share with me. Thank you.

Hello thank you for your reply. As per I said in my previous post that I was downloading LiveCD iso but it’s not helpful for me. I try to search it on Google but not able to find any solution for this annoying problem. Even I mail this query to Centos but still I did not get any reply from them. So I am out of ideas now. Does anyone else facing this same problem? Please share your thoughts and knowledge with us. All replies are appreciated. I am waiting for your replies. Thank you.