Thread: Centos 5.5 system randomly reboots

Centos 5.5 system randomly reboots

I am running CentOS 5.5 on a Dell PowerEdge r710with a reflected RAID. System arbitrarily reboots leading to MySQL table sleaze as it’s not an elegant shutdown. There is the output of the get info shell script on the centos official site. A few data has been obfuscated for example public IP addresses. Previous to posting this a complete hardware diagnostic was sprint by the Data Centers support team which turned. Anyone have any idea or ever heard about this? Please let me know if anyone gets anything about this.

Re: Centos 5.5 system randomly reboots

Here I have little idea or I can say have used this, so wish to give you some information on this which may be helpful for you. Random reboots with no hint in /var/log/messages could be because of a dreadful power supply. An unimportant or alternating power supply can cause processer rearranges, or memory errors. Put back the power supply, and if the trouble continues, run memtest86 for 48 hours. This must solve your problem.

The support team in our data center ran 5 hour hardware analytic on the server. I am awaiting precise results from the test. Known that the server was taken down for 5 hours in the AM previous night, I kind of have to think regarding what to ensure for at the O.S. level. I have seemed through most each log in /var/log and can't locate anything truly other than kdump is not logging any information. Given my total lack of self-assurance in this data center now I may insist the swap power supplies between the two servers (both a few hardware). To observe if the random reboots exchange to the other server. After that possibly I will run a Memtest myself on it. Any other ideas are appreciated though.

Here I just wish to add something about this, as I also have little trouble with this. I tried many thing but that can’t help me in my problem, but as you say here, I checked the run levels for system log and they are situate too: syslog 0:off 1:off 2:on 3:on 4:off 5:on 6:off. Shouldn't these syslog be situate to ON for all run-levels? Could this be a cause why I am not getting additional information from my log? Please provide me your suggestion. Thank you.

No. What you see is right. Run levels 2, 3, 4 and 5 are the multi-user levels. Runlevel 1 is solitary-user form. Runlevel 6 is system re-boot. Runlevel 0 is system halt. Once more, no. And that truth is a quite good indicator that you are experiencing an irregular main hardware problem. For instance, power drops or brown-outs. If the voltage drops too low and after that comes back up another time, the processor and, certainly the system, will continue as if a switch-on even has just risen. There would be no means that sort of event could be logged.

I would update the previous driver firmware you originate. $ Ipmitool - I open sensor list < With the Dell IPMI packages. System Board SEL: Event Log sensor for System Board, log empty was declared. That doubts me I would asking who rearrange it and why. OMSA Web GUI All services for OMSA have to be in progress and running. DRAC UI https://drac_ip_here/ needs the sun java plug-in for Firefox. Possibly it could be the DRAC could be previously on another subnet for management. If you don’t have the OMSA Weg GUI you can at a standstill do alerts using the DRAC interface.

At a standstill not capable to connect to the web interface (attempted at work and from home too). I am on the other hand able to attach to it using Linux from a dissimilar server on the similar LAN. Obviously I can't utilize the site with Linux. So our hardware firewall could be stopping access to this port. Server as well continued manifold reboots previous night and there is not anything in the esmlog or in/var/log /messages.