Thread: Windows 7 search wont work for documents and it is broken

Windows 7 search wont work for documents and it is broken

I have installed the windows 7 on mine Dell Inspiron. My search function does not pull up files; especially Microsoft Word Works documents that contain words that have entered the search bar. When I tried to search on the document libraries and during this time I have go the error message saying that: "no items match your search." I have tested this by typing the words "intelligent world" in a document and the search function still can not find this document. Search not completely broken. Return the results of the programs and control panel items. The results also return a single document, and always the same, which is the word I first document, created on this computer. Can anyone suggest on this issue.

Re: Windows 7 search wont work for documents and it is broken

I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue to this go to the start icon on the desktop and after that make hit on the control panel. Now on the control panel go to the Indexing Options and under that make hit on the Modify. Now on the modify option make uncheck mark on the hanged selected locations list check box and after that make hit on the ok button. Now once you finish this restart your system and after that go through your issue. I hope this will help you.

I have gone through this same issue and I would like to suggest you to download the search and indexing troubleshooter and so that you can solve your issue. To download this make hit on here. Now once you make hit here save the file on the desktop. Once you finish the downloading make double click o n the saved file and after that go through your issue. Make sure that once you installed the software you have restarted your systems.

According to me there is a difficulty of finding one or more of the selected locations. Generally it is because you selected a network location or device that is not at present associated to your system. It is also possible that you have selected a removable media device with no means of communication (such as a memory card or CD) on the device. Check the locations and then search again. I hope this will help you.

I would like to suggest you the following step sand so that you can solve your issue to do this you need to follow the below steps: go to the start and after that make hit on the run. Now on the run type regedit and then make hit on the ok button. Now on the registry key windows go to the following location:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows Search]
    . Now here make right click on the Windows Search and then choose the Export and under that type RegBackup and then hit the ok button. Now delete the below registry key on your system:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows Search\Applications\windows
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows Search\CatalogNames\windows
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows Search\Databases\windows
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows Search\Gather\windows
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows Search\Gathering Manager\Applications\windows
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows Search\UsnNotifier\windows
    Now once you finish this restart your system and after that go through your issue.