Thread: Getting error “could not find this Item this is no longer located in e:\dir” while copying file on USB

Getting error “could not find this Item this is no longer located in e:\dir” while copying file on USB

I have installed the windows 7 on mine system and everything on the system works perfect without any issue and I don’t have any issue on mine system. Last night I have tried to copy my some files into USB but during this time I have got the error message saying that: “could not find this Item this is no longer located in e:\dir” and mine copying was failed. While this error I was copying large file. I have tried several times to copy but I got the same issue on mine system. Now I don’t how to solve this issue. Can anyone suggest on this.

Re: Getting error “could not find this Item this is no longer located in e:\dir” while copying file on USB

I would like to suggest you to disable the antivirus temporally and after that go through your issue. To do this go to the start and after that go to the control panel. Now on the control panel make hit on the system and security and under that make hit on the Review your computer's status. Now on the Review your computer's status make hit on the arrow and after that make hit on the security. Now here your all Virus protection application will shown and under that disable the all Virus protection and after that try to copy to USB.

Re: Getting error “could not find this Item this is no longer located in e:\dir” while copying file on USB

I have gone through this same issue and I would suggest you to perform the Check a drive for errors and so that you can solve your issue. To do this make hit on the start icon and after that make right click on the computer and then choose the properties. Now on the computer properties go to the tools tab and under that on the Error-checking panel make hit on the check now button. Now once you finish this now you will get the option automatically fix file system errors and make hit on that and after that select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors. Now once you finish this make hit on the start. Now once you finish this restart your system and after that go through your issue.

I‘d like to advise you to perform the Clean Boot and so that you can solve your issue. To do this go to the start and after that make hit on the run. Now on the run program type msconfig hit the ok button. Now on the clean boot option go to the service tab and under that make check mark on the Hide All Microsoft Services check box and after that make select on the disable all button and then hit the ok button. Now once you finish this steps restart your system and while restarting you will get the System Configuration Utility windows and under that make check mark on the Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts and then hit the ok button. Now try to copy the file and I hope this will help you.

I would like recommend you to perform the chkdsk and so that you can solve your issue. To do this you need to open the command prompt. To do this make hit on the start icon on the desktop and after that go to the run. Now on the run program type cmd and then hit the ok button. Now on the command prompt type the following and then hit the ok enter. If you want to check the F drive and R drive then you need to type:
    Chkdsk c: /f /r
    Now once you finish these steps restart your system and after that go through your issue.

I would like to suggest you to rebuild your index and so that you can solve your issue. To do this make hit on the start and after that go to the control panel. Now on the control panel go to the system and maintenance and after that make hit on the indexing option. Now on the indexing option go to the advance and after that make hit on the index setting tab. Now once you finish this make hit on the rebuild and then go through your issue. I hope this will help you.