Thread: Unable to create ZIP folder on Windows 7

Unable to create ZIP folder on Windows 7

Well I have installed Windows 7 on the computer of mine. I am trying to make ZIP folder on the computer of mine. but when I am trying to do the same it results into an error message on the computer of mine. Can anyone tell me why this particular problem is occurring on the computer? Also tell me whether you are having similar problem like me. Post useful instruction if you are aware of it. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to create ZIP folder on Windows 7

There could be various reason which might be the root cause of the problem. So I want to gather some useful information to understand the situation appropriately. Do you have done any hardware or software changes on the computer? Let me know whether you are getting any error message on the screen when you are trying the above mentioned thing on the computer. Also tell me which antivirus program do you have installed on the computer.

Looking at the matter which you have provided over here I am suggesting the following steps which you can use to fix the problem of yours.
    • You have to click on the Start button and go for Run and enter regedit and press enter.
    • Well you need to browse for the following registry value in the computer of yours.

Code:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.zip\OpenWithProgids
    • On the right side pane you have to right click on the WinRAR.ZIP and Click on the Delete.

• Now you should remove the following registry key on the computer of yours.
    Code:
    KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.zip\UserChoice
    • Now reboot the computer after closing the registry editor on the computer.

I am suggesting the following solution which you can use to solve the problem of yours.
    1. You have to click on the Start button and go for Run and then enter CMD and press enter.
    2. Now copy and paste the following command on the command prompt and press enter.

Code:
    regsvr32 /u zipfldr.dll
    regsvr32 zipfldr.dll
    let me know whether it is working or not.

I am highly suspecting that this particular problem is occurring due to corruption of the user profile of yours. hence I recommend that you should create a new user profile and see whether you are able to ZIP the folder. If you are able to create ZIP folder then I am sure that this particular issue was occurring due to the corruption of the user profile. You should delete the corrupted user profile and use the newly created user profile.

I think there is corruption of the system files of the operating system on the computer of yours. Well you need to execute SFC/SCAN on the computer of yours. this particular command is useful to fix the corrupted system files as well as it places the files which are missing on the computer of yours. this particular process might take several minutes to accomplish hence you should wait till the process gets competed.