Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cannot find content.ie5 on Windows 7

Operating Systems

Old 29-04-2011

Cannot find content.ie5 on Windows 7

Recently I have installed Windows 7 on the computer of yours. I am looking for the content.ie5 folder on the computer of mine. I am unable to find this particular file on the computer of yours. let me know if you are having idea regarding the location of this file. Any help in order to get the requirement of mine would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Old 29-04-2011

Re: Cannot find content.ie5 on Windows 7

I am suggesting the following steps which you can use to meet the requirement of yours.
  1. You have to click on the Start button and then go for Computer and Click on the Tools.
  2. In the Tools menu you have to click on the Folder Option.
  3. You have to click on the View tab and simply check the Show Hidden Files and Folders.
  4. Also you should clear the Hide extensions for known file types and Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
  5. Finally Click on the Apply button and Click on the Ok button.
Old 29-04-2011

You can use the following steps to view all the protected files of the operating system on the computer of yours.
  1. You have to click on the Start button and go for Computer and simply click on the System Drive.
  2. Now you should move to the following location on the computer of yours.
Code:
Users\userprofilename (ex john)\appdata\local\Microsoft\windows\temporary internet files
I am hoping that it will help you to get the requirement of yours.
Old 29-04-2011

I am providing the following instruction to find out the Temporary Internet Files on the computer.
  1. You have to launch the Internet Explorer and click on the Tools and then go for Internet Options.
  2. Into the Browsing History and click on the Settings and Temporary Internet Files and history Settings window would be pop up on the screen.
  3. In to Current location you have to click on the View Files on the computer of yours.
Old 29-04-2011

Well I have finally managed to get the correct location for content.ie5 folder. The correct location is as follow.

Code:
C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5
Here ‘your name’ is the name of the user account of yours. It is a hidden folder you need to unhide the same from the Windows Explorer. So try the above mentioned solution is working or not.
Old 30-04-2011

Let me know whether any of the above mentioned solution worked for you or not. if it did not worked for you then I think you need to contact the Microsoft Customer Support team to get further help on this particular matter. I am sure that the Microsoft Customer Support team will definitely help you out to solve the problem of yours. Let me know the experience regarding the same so that other users can learn from the experience of yours.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,