Thread: How to get file tree configuration into the Windows Explorer of Windows 7?

How to get file tree configuration into the Windows Explorer of Windows 7?

I have installed Windows 7 on the computer of mine. I am looking to alter the Windows Explorer look and feel to the file tree configuration. The thing which I am looking to get was possible on the Windows XP and Windows 98. Now let me know if you are having anything to get the problem of mine. Any help on this particular situation would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to get file tree configuration into the Windows Explorer of Windows 7?

In order to get the requirement of yours you need use the following instruction.
    • You have to launch the Windows Explorer on the computer of yours.
    • Now you have to click on the Organize menu and go for Folder. Now you have to click on the Search option.
    • Into the General tab you have to click on the checkbox Show all folders which under of the Navigation pane.

Well looking at the requirement of yours I am suggesting that you should download and install Classic Shell on the computer of yours. The Classic Shell is a set of collection of the feature which was available in to the previous version of the Windows and which is not available in to the current version that is Windows Vista as well as Windows 7. You can get the Classic Shell from the official website of the developer. I am hoping that it will help you out.

If none of the above mentioned things are not working then I think you need to go for some third party application to get the requirement of yours. I recommend that you should use Xplorer2 Lite to get the requirement of yours. It is a light weight tool which provides dual panes and tabs for the efficient desktop file management on the computer of yours. Also you can get both free and paid version of the tool on the official website of the developer of this tool.

I don’t know the instruction which I am going to provide over here would work but you should at least try to fix the same.
    • You should go for Tools and then go for Folder Options and click on the General.
    • Now into the Navigation pane you have to click on the Automatically expand to current folder.

Let me know whether it worked for you or not.

Well I have found number of users who are complaining that the Windows Explorer of the Windows 7 is less user-friendly. Some of the great features are omitted into the Windows 7 Windows Explorer. Hence if you are looking to have that features into the Windows Explorer of the Window 7 then I recommend that you should simply contact the Microsoft regarding this particular matter. I am sure that the Microsoft would take an appropriate action on this particular matter.