Thread: Windows 7 is not accepting the change to the default download library

Windows 7 is not accepting the change to the default download library

I have installed Windows 7 on the computer of mine. I am getting an issue with this particular operating system from past couple of days. I have changed the default location of My Download to the some different location but still all the downloads are placed in to the user/username/downloads. Do having any idea which I can use to fix the problem of mine to solve the problem of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Windows 7 is not accepting the change to the default download library

I am suggesting following solution which you can use to fix the problem of yours.

• You have to click on the Start button and then go for Computer.
    • You have to click on the C drive of the computer and then go for User folder.
    • Now you should click on the User name and simply click on the Downloads. Now right click on the Downloads and go for Properties.
    • You have to click on the Location tab and simply select the location in which you wanted to place the downloading files.
    • Once you have selected you need to click on the Apply button and Click on the Ok button.

Looking at the matter which you have provided over here I am suggesting registry solution which you can use to fix the problem of yours.

1. You should click on the Start button and then go for Run and you should enter regedit and press enter.
    2. Now you should browse for the following key in the registry editor.
    3. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer.
    4. You have to double click on Download Directory.
    5. In the resulting window you need enter the string and press ok button.

Once you have done you should close the editor and reboot the computer of yours.

I think the problem which you are getting due to corruption of the user profile on the computer of yours. Hence I recommend that you should create a new user profile on the computer and make changes into download directory of the computer. if it is working then I am sure that the root cause of the problem would be corrupted user profile. So you should transfer all the settings and file of the corrupted user profile to the newly created user profile.

Looking at the problem of yours I am suspecting that the problem which you are getting is happening due to the virus attack on the computer of yours. So I recommend that you should run a virus scan on the computer of yours. Personally I recommend that you should install a Malwarebytes on the computer. you should update and run a virus scan on the computer. after finishing with a virus scan you should reboot the computer of yours.

I am highly suspecting that this particular problem is occurring due to corruption of the system files of the operating system. I am suggesting that you should repair Windows 7 and see whether it is working or not. If still there is an issue then I recommend that you should reinstall Windows 7 on the computer. I am hoping that the either of the option would help you to solve the problem of yours. Let me know about the experience of yours in this particular situation.