Thread: I am getting folder delete error and it is no longer located

I am getting folder delete error and it is no longer located

Hello readers. I Need your help .With the presence of empty folder called books on my desktop which i cannot delete. While trying to delete it , I get this message Could not find this item.This is no longer located in C:\Users\Marianne\Desktop. Verify the item's location and try again.It gives me two actions: try again and cancel. Any ideas on how to remove this folder?

Re: I am getting folder delete error and it is no longer located

I recently had the same problem.this problem occurred while installing third party software (a plugin in Mozilla Firefox in my case) created in a folder and in it a file that does have a 'dot' at the end without any further file extensions (e.g. 'mozilla_created_file.').. As a result I had a folder consisting about 8-10 derange files that couldn't be deleted in Explorer (be carefull with hidden files).As said we simply want to delete each of them, using the cmd prompt and using this command del *.* (note that "del" command cannot delete folders).The other way you could fix the error is type this command in run C:\ProblemFolder> del *.* Then you should be able to delete the folder any way you want.Hope that helped.

Using the two of the latest OS viz. Windows 7 and Win Vista I've had this problem many times, Instead of bringing out new O/S and new versions of IE etc.i still get a error it's a folder that cant be found,it is possible for us to have an access to the materials residing in the respective folder, if they are useful for you in future just copy and paste it some other location.Now try to delete the folder. Suppose you have log in as an Admin follow the below method. You just first need to Eject all Floppy disks ,CD's and DVD'd from your Computer and reboot the system. After doing these just try any 1 of the below two methods:
    1. With a single operating system installed, press and hold F8 key when your PC Reboots. You should be finished with that before Windows Logo appear.In case you are late then you will have to wait for appearance of WinLogon prompt and the you have to shutdown and restart again.
    2. Having a dual Opearating systems , you can use arrow keys to enlight the you want to start in Safe Mode and then press F8. The very next thing to carried out in the BIOS is on the Adavance Boot Options screen,toggle with arrow keys to highlight the safe mode option you want and pres enter. Last but not least Log on to your system with a user account holding admin rights. I hope this works.

Just wanted to share my experience.I had faced these error once before and now i am delighted that i found a solution... hope it works. To solve, follow these steps:
    1. Run command prompt. Navigate to the foldrer where the defect objects resides.
    2. Run "dir /a /x /p" to view the contents of the folder, consisting hidden files
    3. Look for the filename of the object to the left of the regular,
    4. Run "ren <8.3 name>" to rename the object, "del <8.3 name>" to delete it if it's a file and "rd /s <8.3 name>" to delete it if it's a folder.

There are various methods to fix this problem. It is upon you which you would like to follow. Some methods are mentiopned below . The most easiest way is to Reboot the system and nothnig else. The next most vital method is using Del and Cmdr. Just open a command line and press Windows key +R and then press enter. Move the foder to the questioned by the means of CD commands. After creating just Delete the file or folder by using the DEL command or use or the RMDIR (remove directory) command to remove directories (folders). Trying to kill Explorer process viz. explorer.exe open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc), and kill all explorer.exe tasks. Your desktop will go blank, except for the windows already open.