Thread: Is there a way to find Rosetta on lion

Is there a way to find Rosetta on lion

I am looking to upgrade to MAC OS X Lion because it has driver support for nvidia's 500 series graphics card. But I have heard that there is no Rosetta and also the other programs which I use or test are not universal binary which is the only problem here. Can anyone tell me how should I get Rosetta on to this Lion OSX? I dont think that it will be easy but if there is any solution then please give it to me. Thanks

Re: Is there a way to find Rosetta on lion

I dont think that Rosetta will be supported ever. The only option for you is to partition your drive and then install the 10.6 OSX on the new partition and upgrade to Lion. This way you can have both the Snow Leopard on one partition and Lion OSX on other parition. The developers took 5 years to update their softare to this new architecture, hence support for all old software might have been removed.

Re: Is there a way to find Rosetta on lion

If you dont have any choice then do not upgrade to the new operating system. Incase you depend on PPC apps then you should dual boot and buy a Macbook G5 or else do not upgrade at all. I believe that 95% of the software for MAC in 2011 supports only Intel or Universal already. I am also having many older apps but they did not really work well with Rosetta. The choice is really yours whether to upgrade or not.

You can also try to use an External hard drive to create a Snow Leopard boot volume and install Lion as your primary operating system. Rosetta is based on Transitive Corporation's QuickTransit technology which is owned by IBM if I am not mistaken. This developers of Rosetta will ever make another such compatible software for Apple or not, it actually depends upon them.