Thread: Unable to sync offline files on Windows 7.

Unable to sync offline files on Windows 7.

Hello guys I am having some in sync documents from a ‘NAS’ file server (Windows Server 2003, service pack 3) with a Samsung laptop which has Windows 7 installed on it. I was able to map the document on the network drive and I had full access. But when I am in offline mode I don’t have access to these folders and files. Under the sync partnership in the Sync center I don’t have anything and there is nothing listed in “'set up new sync partnership”. And I am able to access all the network folders or drive to add to the lists. Please help

Re: Unable to sync offline files on Windows 7.

Hey mate first of all thanks for posting this thread because I am also facing exactly the same problem. When I am offline I am not able to access the files and the folders. And “Manage offline files” tab doesn’t work. I have username and password when I have to login on the laptop. I have Compaq laptop. And I have to change the way users logged on and off when I use the other laptop with Windows XP. But I didn’t find any option on the Windows 7. Please help.

Well guys you guys must have using the Home versions of the Windows XP/Vista/7, I have found that these OS’s don’t have the offline files. And in Windows 7 Microsoft remove the option to change the way of users log on and log off. I can suggest you one alternative option for that you can use “Second copy”, even I prefer the SC because even it has a manual and scheduled sync, there are less chances to loss any data if any problem occurs on the net.

Above user is correct there is no offline files on Home version of the Windows OS. But I prefer the Microsoft SyncToy over the SecondCopy, now its 2.1 version is available, you have to pay very little amount for SC but the SyncToy is free application. It synchronizes files and the folder between the locations. It’s mainly used for sharing files like the photos and documents files with the other computer, and it is also used to create backup copies of the files and the folders.

Well these are very good application but I still prefer the “Karen’s Replicator”. Because it automatically backups the files, the directories and even the entire drive, I liked these feature very much. It copies the files and folders from one drive to another selected drive. Source and Destination folders can be resided anywhere on the network. It copies only the files which got changed and the files and folders which are replicated gets deleted. You can specify which file has not be copied and on which day the work has to be skipped.

Hello guys, first of all thanks a lot for taking concern on my query i didn’t knew it that offline files is disabled on the Home versions of Windows. Thanks for letting me know. And after reading the above posts I have decided to go for “Karen’s Replicator”. I liked all the application but I am thinking to use the “Karen’s Replicator” because it has some more advanced features and many task on this application I don’t have to do manually that’s I am going with this thing. Thank you guys,