Thread: Enable Compiz on Ubuntu 11.04

Enable Compiz on Ubuntu 11.04

Hello friends, I have recently updated the Ubuntu, and as I have updated to the higher version then I am not able to find the visual effects of it. I do not know how it is has gone, I think it might have cone for some reason of the update. So I have a question in mind to ask that is how I can enable the Compiz in the latest Ubuntu, the latest Ubuntu is 11.04. Even I want to add is that I do not use the Unity, as I use the normal classis gnome. So please suggest or help to enable the Compiz on the Ubuntu 11.04. Thank you for your help in advance.

Re: Enable Compiz on Ubuntu 11.04

Kindly check out for the CCSM, if it is been installed then you will able to get the visual effect back, as it is the program which configures the Compiz effects on the Ubuntu, so kindly check for that first.

Well the updating brings some change in the effect and also it disable the effect which you were using it earlier, if you can install the CCSM then you will be to bring the effect of the Compiz, as I think the Compiz is already been installed on the Ubuntu and I think you not able to enabled it, so do one thing just install the CCSM on the Ubuntu, if you are not having then just download it from the internet as it is been easily available on the internet, as you will finish downloading it then install it on the Ubuntu and then run it, as you will run it will do the configuration of the Compiz and will make it enable on the Ubuntu of your. Just give a try and see it work or not.

Well the above user has told to the correct and also the best to enable the Compiz as I have also done the same and have enabled the Compiz on my Ubuntu. You also try it and see.

I would suggest you to check on the internet and find the method to enable it on the Ubuntu, as I do not know to do it, if I would know then I would be able to tell how to do and also which is the best way to do also. As the internet world is such huge enough and also has bundle of solution to find, so why do you use that and get the solution for yourself and even for the other users who are facing the same type of the problem which you are facing right now. If you got then share with the other also. Which will them also, just try and search for it.