Thread: No “Open” and “Print” option in “File” menu in Explorer on Windows 7.

No “Open” and “Print” option in “File” menu in Explorer on Windows 7.

I have windows XP on my PC , and Windows 7 and Vista on the laptop. My work is basically related to the the text files at a time I manage many files. The problem is with Windows 7 and Vista I am not able to use the “Print” and “Open” selections in the under the “File” menu whenever I open more than 15 files in the explorer. But same thing works perfectly on XP. There is lots of space on the laptop but still I am not able to open more than 15 files on explorer otherwise the “Print” and ”open” buttons disappears. Please help.

Re: No “Open” and “Print” option in “File” menu in Explorer on Windows 7.

Well I am having the Windows Vista but I have never faced this kind of problem because I am able to open and print as many files I want to open or print. I guess it’s the explorer or the application problem. Because some application have limits to the number of files to be accessed by the the application at time and after excedding that some options like “open” and “print” gets disabled, because I am able to open around 400 files using the “Windows Live photo gallery”.

Hey thanks buddy for posting this thread because I have same problem on the Windows 7 I don’t know why it’s not working, maybe there is some limitations or restrictions in printing the files on Windows 7. I want to print 30 files at a times but the I am able to print only 16 files at a time, well many of the Windows 7 user have gone through this problem. So guys if you have any solution please share with us, I searched a lot on the internet but didn’t find any solution of it.

Guys I am having the same issue, I have searched it about on google and as well as on the Ask, I got few answers and they were saying it is because of memory limitation but I have enough memory space on my system I have 4GB of RAM on Windows 7 but I can’t perform that task but the same task I can perform on the 2GB of RAM on the Windows XP. I think Microsoft has blocked us on windows 7 to perform multi-tasking. Please help guys if you have got any solution.

Well yeas there is limitation on accessing the file after crossing limit selections like “Open” , “Print” and “Edit” disappears from the “File” menu but you can modify the number of files you want to access or print at time from registry. First go to program files under the software use the following path “\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer” and you will find “Name : MultipleInvokePromptMinimum
    Type : DWORD
    Range: 1 - 16 (decimal)
    Default : 15 (decimal)” and you will find the range here. And you can modify the range here.

Well thanks a lot guys for posting here, I thought this problem is only with my system but now I have found that many users were facing the same problem but after reading the last post I just followed the path and modified the value and now everything is working fine on the system I can easily open and print more than 50 files as I use to do on the Windows XP. From next time onwards I will post the query on only this forums site because I didn’t got replies on the other sites. Thank you guys,