Thread: Unable to search content in PDF file on Windows 7.

Unable to search content in PDF file on Windows 7.

I have recently upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7 64-bit I didn’t faced any problem for about a month. But the problem is I am not able to search the content of PDF file, so I looked at the index options, the box which appears in front of the PDF was checked but in the filter description it said that registered ifilter is not found. After getting this message I installed the ifilter and rebuilt the index, but it didn’t worked for me please help.

Re: Unable to search content in PDF file on Windows 7.

Hey buddy I have similar kind issue with my laptop Sony VPCF127HG,I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit on it. When I used my laptop for the first in February indexing did not worked for the PDF documents in the Outlook, I made some changes and then it started working, I just enhanced the indexing options. But now again from the last week I am getting same problem it’s not working properly. I got this message “Registered iFilter is not found” I don’t know what’s wrong with this, is it service pack update or an Adobe update.

Well guys I don’t think it’s because of any Windows or the service pack update installation. This is not the issue with only Windows 7, same problem is faced with the other versions Windows. I think it’s an issue with the PDF format, well as I we all know that the PDF file looks like it containing the text but actually it contains the picture of text and it’s not possible to search the picture of the text.so I think that’s you guys are not able to search the content.

Well dude I am sorry to say but you are completely wrong because it’s not a issue with Adobe or PDF because as you said there is pictures of text in the PDF files but in many files there is only text we can copy and paste that text from the PDF file. I had Windows XP in that everything was working fine but now I upgraded to Windows 7 and even I started to get the same problem. I think Microsoft should take some action to resolve this problem because this is a issue with Windows 7.

Well even I thought in the same way it’s an issue with Windows 7 and not an issue with the Adobe or PDF format. But what Microsoft can do because it will take lot of time to develop or enhance the feature for just the Adobe PDF file. So I think it will be better if we report to the Adobe because they just have to add a patch or an app with the Adobe for bit change in iFilter, unlike Microsoft which will not to make changes in the OS.

First of all thank a lot guys for posting here I was bit worried because I thought there is something wrong in my system but the problem is with all the or most of the Windows 7 users, yeah even I think reporting this to Adobe will be a better idea rather than complaining about it to the Microsoft to make changes in the operating system. Anyways guys thanks a lot for helping me out, otherwise I would have downloaded many other versions or would have formatted the system.