Thread: Most of the fonts install and some don't might it be due to 32 to 64 bits compatibility

Most of the fonts install and some don't might it be due to 32 to 64 bits compatibility

I contain brand new machine (Dell XPS Studio full load) running Windows 7 64 bit. I'm demanding to install the fonts I have on top of my previous XP 32-bit machine that was working very well. Some of them, regardless of types as open types, real types, and so it had installed without any problem, but some, unfortunately some really important, just do not want to install at all. A Dell technician remotely obtains into my system and was not capable to help. Font.Com agents also endeavor to observe what was going incorrect with this source he had bought them in 2007 and not anything additional than her side. Please can someone tell me if it could be a compatibility issue from 32 to 64 bits with some sources? And if so, is there any way to solve or avoid this problem and have those jobs on my machine Windows 7 64 bit??

Re: Most of the fonts install and some don't might it be due to 32 to 64 bits compatibility

Hello according to my knowledge you have to try the following settings. First you have to Open Fonts through clicking the Start button, and from there clicked on Control Panel, and then go to Appearance and Personalization, and inside that click on Fonts. After that you have to Click on File, and following that click Install New Font. If you are not able to see File menu, then you press ALT button. Then In the Add Fonts dialog box, under Drives, you have to click on the drive where the font that you would like to install is situated. Then go to Folders, and double-click the folder including the fonts that you would like to add. Then Under List of fonts, you have to click the font that you would like to add, and at the end click on Install.

Re: Most of the fonts install and some don't might it be due to 32 to 64 bits compatibility

no error messages are poping. I tried all the possibilities to install the fonts (drag and drop, copy and paste, right click and install, control panel and power installation folder, double click and install). I checked to make sure it opens and also the option to hide was off. The window is installed quickly and nothing short flickered. I have been installing fonts for years and as you know, it does not take a degree to do, so I am a graphic designer and I am very familiar with this, but this is causing me a real headache. As this is a new computer, even restore the system promptly sure nothing interferes as perhaps some programs or any other sum-on. Still, some sources install and some do not really need to work!

I'm in Windows 7 (64 bit) and am having the same problem I was having Artophan. The sources I am demanding to install at this time are the families Neue Helvetica and Helvetica type, but I think the problem with all Type 1 fonts. I also tried the patch that was on the list but "Install New Font" does not appear on the File menu, even after you press ALT to make the File menu. How can this be? My machine is built by HP. Is it possible that they have launched something to avoid that users have access to this feature?

Hello at last I resolve this problem. After you have reinstalled Windows 7 64 bit final, I could install all the fonts that I need! Unfortunately, I cannot say exactly what the problem was. In my humble opinion, could have been caused by some programs gadget or some shit ads in the default installed by Dell. Actually it was a good thing I had to reinstall Windows. In this way, now I have a cleaner implementation without any surface material that was perhaps the source of the problem.