Thread: getting error while installing Mac os x lion

getting error while installing Mac os x lion

Hi I have a Macbook white 2008. And I am trying to install the OS X lion in my MACboook white. But I am facing the problem. When I am installing the OS at the end of the screen it shows error. And it stuck on preparing to install the screen. I don’t know what is going wrong with my system. What should be the perfect way to install the OS in the MAC please reply me with proper solution. I am waiting for your replies. Thank you.

re: getting error while installing Mac os x lion

I have gone through your problem. If you are finding difficulties while installing the OS lion then I have one solution for you. Try this solution it may make some difference for you. I think you should try the startup disk as a installation disk. If your system accepts this disk then you will not get any error at the end of installation. So try this and let me know if this tricks works for you or not? If not then I will help you with another solution. So try to solve it as soon as possible.

Hey thank you for your useful suggestion as you said I have tried to install the MAC os X lion by using start up disk as install disk but even after trying that I am facing same problem again and again. Are there any possibilities of any defect with my motherboard? Or any other possibilities which is creating problem in installing the OS. Please if you have any idea about that then please give me suggestion that and if you have solution also then I will be very thankful to you and I wil really appreciate your help.

I think you should try this 1st install the MAC OS lion in another partition and then after installing MAC OS properly in different partition. Just uninstall the old lion OS. It is one of the safe way to install the partition without any problem and without transferring all the document one by one. Before that make sure that your disk is encrypted and you have modified drop box. I am sure by doing this you will easily able to install the lion OS in your MACbook without facing any errors.

Hi I am a college student and I have MACbook and I have just formatted my MAC book because of some issues with viruses. I have also done all necessary backup but now when I am trying to install the MAC os X lion in my MACbook it is giving me error at the end of the installation. I don’t what is going wrong with my MACbook. Are there any possibilities of having problems with install disk. Please suggest me proper solution for that. I hope I will get some useful replies here.

After reading all your solutions I have finally managed to install the Lion Os in my macbook white by installing on another partition and after that I uninstalled the previous OS. It is such a great idea to install the OS in MACbook without facing any problems. So I really appreciate your help and I am really thankful to you.your ideas works amazingly for me and now my MACbook is working like a champ. So thank you once again for your support.