Thread: Time Service and Windows 7 on a Domain

Time Service and Windows 7 on a Domain

My Windows 7 is not picking up the time from the domain. Normally I get error of synchronizing failure When I try to force an update using "w32tm /resync /rediscover".this problem was not there in windows XP Whenever I try this again it gives me same error again and again. I don’t know what is wrong with my system but I am not able to update my time in windows 7 from the domain. If you know any solution for that then please let me know how to solve this issue. I am waiting for replies on this.

re: Time Service and Windows 7 on a Domain

I have read your whole problem and I have tried to search a solution for you but I dint find the any relative solutions regarding this problem. But I can suggest you one solution for that according to me I think you should go to windows 7 support site. There you will be find the proper troubleshooting solutions. Try this I hope you will find the better solution there. Please let me know if this helps works for you or not? If you still having after this then please let me know.

I was also having same problem with my system after that I have noticed that sometimes when we use internet our system automatically turn off the auto update of time. For turn it on back you need to first click on clock on your taskbar then select your respective time zone and then click on internet time and then click on turn on the auto update time. Now whenever you will start the computer it will pick with your domain and it will not find any difficulties with that.

Hi I have purchased a new desktop and I am running windows 7 in it. But now I am facing one problem in my system. Whenever I restart the computer my system does not updates its time automatically. But every timr I have to change it time and date manually. It is so irritating. I am not understating one thing my computer is very new and fresh then why I am facing this kind of problem? Is there anything wrong with my motherboard? Please reply me with proper solution.

Hi thank you for the help provided by you. I have checked my system time and date setting. And also checked auto update setting. But even after doing all these things I am still facing same problem again and again. Now I am very frustrated by setting the date and time manually. Is there any problem with my windows 7? If yes then please tell me what will be the right solution for that. Please reply me with your solution.i will be very thankful to you.

Generally, this problem is caused because of Windows Time service has gone corrupt. You can try the subsequent steps to troubleshoot this problem.

Run the next commands in an make higher privileges command prompt.

• First you need to click on start, after that click on All programs, and then click accessories,
    • Now right click on command prompt and then click on “Run as administrator”.
    • After that type these following things.
    • w32tm /unregister, net stop w32time, net start w32time, w32tm /resync, w32tm /register
    • after typing every code press enter.

Now restart the Computer to check this again.