Thread: how to sort folders manually in windows 7

how to sort folders manually in windows 7

I am using Windows 7 in my dell laptop, first iwas using windows XP where I use to arrange folders manually but in windows 7 I have one little problem I am facing is in my laptop is I am not able to arrange folders manually in laptop. Whenever I try to arrange my folders manually my system does not allow me to do so. Please reply me what to do in this problem. What can be solution for this? Please reply me with your proper solutions. It will be very helpful for me.

Re: how to sort folders manually in windows 7

I have read your problem. If you want to arrange desktop icons or you want to arrange any other icons in any folder . you can do the arrangement by clicking on open space of folder the select a sort by then select more. The problem is noticed in XP where user arrange folders by chance and they would partly cover each other. Because of that and because of performance reasons that feature was removed. I hope this information will be helpful to you. Hope you will understand the problem.

If you want to arrange folders and files in your way then you can tyr this solution to solve your problem. I have tried it by assigning a number to each of the files. Like i have renamed all the files by adding the number one, number two respectively to each file. I know renaming the each file is very frustrating for us, but It is very helpful for us to arrange the files according to our requirement. For me this solution works perfectly. You should also try this solution.

I am also facing similar problem in my computer. I am also using windows 7. I am used to arrange folders and files of my Photos according to date ,months and year. Like I used to create folder of year 2010 inside that I make January month problem and inside that I put the files according to date. But still after that computer arrange this things in wrong order. I don’t know what to do with this kind of problem. Please reply me with any solutions for this problem.

I have referred your issue. If you are making folders systematically by giving proper names and proper months then you can arrange it properly. For that just rename the months folder don’t typr the name of the month on that but type the number of the month. Like for January month folder type 1st month. Rename all the folders according to that. Then sort the all the things by names. After that you will see the system will automatically arrange your folders according you want them.

If you are not able to arrange icons in a way you wanted then try some different third party programs which will allow you to arrange all the files and folders according to your needs. For that you can find these programs on Google like alternate shell and file manager or some more programs like that. Try this programs it may be helpful for you. You can easily get these programs by searching on internet. Hope this will be helpful to you.

Hey thank you so much I guys. I was really wanted the solutions for this problem and I was expecting useful reply for that. That is why I have posted that question. And I have tried all your solutions, now I am able to arrange my all files and folders according to my requirements by renaming all the files. Even I have found the programs for these problems. So thank you so much for your replies. Your replies really helped me a lot. I rally appreciate your support.