Thread: Cannot find the "Hide Underlined Letters for Keyboard Navigation" unless I press the alt key

Cannot find the "Hide Underlined Letters for Keyboard Navigation" unless I press the alt key

I am running Windows 7 in my Dell laptop. I have this particular doubt which I wish to get cleared by someone. Windows 7 hides underlined letters by default. I have used Dos a lot in past and I am used to use the keyboard shortcuts rather then moving my mouse here and there just to get a small thing done. So I wanted to know how I can make it possible for myself to show the underlined letters for keyboard navigation by default. Does anyone have any solution for this issue? Please help me.

re: Cannot find the "Hide Underlined Letters for Keyboard Navigation" unless I press the alt key

It is possible to control the mouse functions with the help of keyboard and make it easier for user to use certain shortcuts or key combination to perform their respective assigned tasks. These settings can be set as per user’s convenience after going to the following path:
    • Click on the Start Button
    • Go to Control Panel, click on the “Ease of Access” option and select “Ease of Access Center”
    • Select “make the keyboard easier to use” option when the “Ease of Access Center” window appears.
    • Open Control Panel / Ease of Access Center / Make the Keyboard easier to use.
    • Now select the option you wish to use (in your case it will be “Underline keyboard shortcuts and access keys”)

re: Cannot find the "Hide Underlined Letters for Keyboard Navigation" unless I press the alt key

You like to perform actions more by keyboard and less with mouse, so here are the keyboard actions to show the underlined letters for keyboard navigation.
    1. Hold the key with Windows logo and U (windows + U)
    2. Now under the Explore all settings, press TAB key and then ENTER key to select Make the keyboard easier to use option.
    3. Now under the Make it easier to use keyboard shortcuts” window, press ALT + N to select the “Underline keyboard shortcuts and access keys” option.
    4. Hold ALT+S to save the settings.

Two or more keys are combined together to create a Keyboard shortcuts which can be used to perform a task that a mouse can normally do. The keyboard shortcuts make it easier for any user to interact with its computer, which will gradually save the user’s time and effort when working with Windows and other applications. I would also suggest you to activate the Windows Recommendations which can make it easier for you to use your computer. Just follow the below path:
    • Go to Start > Control Panel > Ease of Access > Ease of Access Center.
    • Select the “Get recommendations to make your computer easier to use” option and save the settings.

Hey guys, thank you for your quick posts. Your replies where exactly, what I was looking for. It was so kind of you people to have a look on my post, who is a complete stranger to you people, and give an appropriate answer. You should probably keep continuing the good job you have been performing all this time. I also wanted to ask few things. I am also irritated by always dragging my mouse even to perform shutdown or other related functions. So I wanted to know whether there were any other shortcuts to perform shutdown, restart and other related functions in Windows 7. Your suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Cannot find the "Hide Underlined Letters for Keyboard Navigation" unless I press the alt key

It is very easy to create shortcuts for most of the shut down options. The keyboard shortcut to shut down is Windows logo key + Right Arrow key + Enter or you can try ALT key + F4 key + Enter. It is very easy to define keyboard shortcuts of your own.
    To create shortcut for shutdown, create a new shortcut and Type: shutdown.exe –s –t 00 –f and name it as shutdown. You can assign a keyboard shortcut to this shutdown shortcut. You just have to right click the shortcut and select properties option. Type CTRL + ALT + S in the text field of the shortcut key, and from next time this shortcut will shutdown your system. The 00 represents the number of seconds the system will take to perform the following action. You can replace this 00 with any number between 0 and 600
    Same way you can create shortcuts for other options like Restart, Log Off, sleep and others. You need to type the following code in the location box of each shortcuts.
    For Restart you have to write: shutdown.exe -r -t 00 -f
    For Log Off you can write: shutdown.exe -L
    To Switch the User who is running the Windows: C:\Windows\System32\tsdiscon.exe
    To go to the Hibernate mode: C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0
    To put your system in Sleep: rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState
    To Lock the computer: This keyboard shortcut is still WINKEY+L.