Thread: When I rename any folder getting error:"Could not find this item" and when i click the "try again" works.

When I rename any folder getting error:"Could not find this item" and when i click the "try again" works.

I have installed the windows 7 on mine system and I am also using AVG antivirus on mine system. Everything on the system works fine without any issue but I have small issue on mine folder renaming. Last night I have tried to delete the folder that contains no file means 0 bytes. When I tried to delete this I am not able to delete this file. After that when I try to rename the mine older file on mine system I have got the following error message:” Could not find this item” and under that I have two options that is cancel or try again. When I click the try again I am able to rename but this was irritating. Can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine rename in first time.

Re: When I rename any folder getting error:"Could not find this item" and when i click the "try again" works.

I would like to suggest you the following step and so that you can solve your issue. To do these go through the following steps: first make hit on the start and after that make hit on the run. Now on the run program type cmd and then hit the ok button. Now on the command prompt type the following and then hit enter key.
    Sfc/scannow
    Now once you finish this command and after that restart your system and then go through your issue.

Re: When I rename any folder getting error:"Could not find this item" and when i click the "try again" works.

Hello thanks for replying and I would be glad about your suggestion. As you said I have tried to perform the system file checker but while doing this I have got the error and sfc/scannow was stopped. Now I don’t know what to do I have also tried to perform this one on the administrator account but I got the same issue. I have also tried to solve this issue from the other threads but I didn’t have the any suggestion on that. Can anyone help on this issue and so that I can solve miner issue. Please help me out from this issue. And thanks in advance.

I have gone through this issue and I would like to suggest you to install the FolderDescriptions.rar and so that you can solve your issue. To download these make click on here. Now once you make hit on this select the save file and after that once you finish the downloading and then install it on your system and after that restart your system. Now once you finish these things and then go through your issue. I hope this will help you.

I would like to suggest you to perform the system restore and so that you can solve your issue. to do this you need to follow the below steps: first make hit on the start icon the desktop and after that make click on the search program. Now on the search program type system restore on the text box of the search and then hit the ok button. Now on the search result make double click on the system restore and after that on the system restore application make check mark on the Choose a different restore point and then hit the next. After that make hit a restore point that was created before you start to experience the problem, and then choose the next. Now once you finish the system restore restart your system and after that go through your issue.

i have gone through this same issue and i would like to suggest you to download the registry key and after that your issue will get solved. To download these make click here. Now when you click this link you get the option to save file and after that save this file on your desktop. Now once you finish the downloading extract the all files and after that make hit on the setup file. Now once you finish the installation go through your issue and I hope this will help you.