Thread: Run Mac OS X Lion on VMWare or Parallels

Run Mac OS X Lion on VMWare or Parallels

I hope that you might have all familiar with the VMware and parellels. The Vmware fusion is used to run Windows on Mac. Parallels Desktop for Mac is software offering hardware virtualization intended for Macintosh systems with Intel CPUs. Both softwares are very much popular programs in apple Mac platform. However my wish is, is it possible to run Lion on VMware or parellels. Has anybody tried this thing? Can it be possible? Please replay for this post.

Re: Run Mac OS X Lion on VMWare or Parallels

I installed Lion productively above 10.6.6 inside VMware Fusion 3.1.2. The installation was extremely sluggish. The commands, if i explain them, are almost certainly 3 pages lengthy. At once, I do not encompass the time to accomplish it. What i establish is, that the boot loader plus/or the kernel wants extraordinary parameters. However it as well appears that the EFI edition should support positive features. A 64-Bit EFI is almost certainly not sufficient. The negligible system from which you install Lion boots, except not the effectively installed System on top of the "internal" virtual.

SL-users had the similar trouble through boot loaders, if they did endeavor to boot SL on top of their hackintosh. A latest boot loader resolved their trouble. I expect VMware will hold up Lion DP in a latest launch of Fusion. If i discover the time, i will mark a small handbook intended for VMware Fusion, except it will not assist you, for the reason that the EFI within VMware Fusion is not companionable otherwise you would not contain the suitable kernel parameters.

The Apple SLA designed for Mac OS X Client does not permit in support of it to be virtualized nor can it be finished lawfully through VMware Fusion. Barely Mac OS X Server 10.5 plus higher might be lawfully virtualized and simply on Apple acknowledged hardware as well as VMware Fusion is the merely VMware Product that can be utilized to accomplish this officially on Apple renowned hardware.

Since to Mac OS X Lion Developer sample I disbelief it will be capable to be installed by the use of standard install procedure within the newest customer release of VMware Fusion seeing as it has problem with the final releases of 10.6.x though moreover somebody that has experienced it of somebody from VMware will have to remark on it. On the other hand one may be capable achieve it from side to side a dissimilar technique similar to P2V like in generating a image of the physical install and burning it to the .vmdk (virtual HDD) file by the use of Disk Utility, CCC otherwise SuperDuper!.

There are numerous directions intended for installing Snow Leopard. I tried to install Lion by the use of those directions, but unsuccessful, thus I just determined to install Snow Leopard and set out from there. This is why I didn't become aware of a trouble through the NVRAM waiting behind I formed a new install whilst writing and testing the directives. The onward hack is strange, except I obtained that from Apple's individual examples of com.apple.Boot.plist files, mainly remarkably, com.apple.Boot.plist. This file displays all straight paths using onward slashes rather than the usual backwards hack.