Thread: Due to Error code:19 on Windows 7, USB ports are not working.

Due to Error code:19 on Windows 7, USB ports are not working.

Hello guys I have recently upgraded from the Windows Vista to the Windows 7 32bit, everything was working fine but when inserted the pen drive and for which Windows perform automatic installation, but instead of reading the content on pen drive all the devices which were connected via USB port gone dead. And when I checked into the device manager all the “USB Root Hub” listings have a error code 19:” Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.” Except one. And that one port which is not giving the error is notable as in its properties. The location of all the ports which are giving error is “on Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller.” And the port without error has this location “on Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller”. Please help.

re: Due to Error code:19 on Windows 7, USB ports are not working.

Dude you can do one thing run your Windows into the safe mode and then uninstall the USB Root Hub listings and scan for the hardware changes in the device manager, this will correct error causing USB ports which are in USB root Hub listings. And the process of uninstalling and scanning for the devices will also fix this problem. Because I was able to access the data from pen drives and from other devices which were connected via USB.

Well thanks a lot buddy for reverting so quickly, I just followed the instruction you have given and they worked for me perfectly in the safe mode but when I ran the Windows in normal mode but then I got the same problem all the USB ports gone dead. I have all the latest drivers on my system and all are updated but still I am getting the same issue when I run the Windows in Normal mode. I get this message when I pluggin something to the system via USB 'driver could not be installed and Error code:-19. Please help

Well this happens because PS3 drivers are not installed in the users system but there is an alternative to resolve this issue, just follow this steps
    1> You have start Registry Editor, by clicking on “Start” then on “Run” and in run type “Regedit” and hit enter.
    2> And now in the Registry Editor first expand “My Computer” and then expand “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE”.
    3> Now expand “System” and then expand “CurrentControlSet”.
    4> After that expand “Control” and then you have to expand “Class”.
    5> Now under the class click on “4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318”for DVD, Keyboard and USB.
    6> And now in the details pane of Registry Editor, Click on “UpperFilters” which is on the right side.
    7> And after receiving “Are you sure you want to delete this value?” message click on “Yes”.
    8> And exit RegistryEditor.
    9> Now restart your system.

Re: Due to Error code:19 on Windows 7, USB ports are not working.

That’s so nice of you guys, I have posted same query on the Windows forums and on the other tech related forums but I haven’t got any reply yet but here I am getting replies so quickly, I am really impressed with activeness of the members of this site. First, solution worked for me only in Safe mode but the second solution solved my problem, after restarting the system everything is fine. Thank you guys for helping me out.