Thread: Taskbar items misplaced and replaced by non-operational generic icon

Taskbar items misplaced and replaced by non-operational generic icon

We just purchase a brand new HP desktop among with Windows 7. I have installed MS Office and some other tools we use. Then, organize the toolbar with the tools that we utilize. Some of them are lost and replaced by a generic folder icon. When we try to implement it used to be, we are told that the item is lost and what we want to delete the item from the taskbar. This only happens with some icons, MS Office - all of them, and some others installed. This machine is brand new and has been used for anything yet, except some settings and some web browsing. Can anyone solve this issue?

Re: Taskbar items misplaced and replaced by non-operational generic icon

I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. To do this you need to follow the below steps: go to the start and after that make hit on the computer. Now on the computer go to the toolbar and after make hit on the organize and then choose the folder and search options. Now on the folder and search options make hit on the view tab and then make check mark on the show hidden files and folders option and hit ok. Now go to the following location on the windows explorer: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local and then make hit on the IconCache.db file and then rename it IconCache.db.old. Now once you finish this restart your system and after that go through your issue.

I have a similar problem with an HP running W7HP DV6-2114sa. I am also having problems on this machine with a WD My Book STUDY ESATA and I cannot help thinking that the two issues are related. The reconstruction of the icon cache solution does not work for me. Nor does a system restore. The only way to get things back to normal is to restore the entire disk from an image backup. In addition, for some strange reason, I cannot uninstall Microsoft Office Home and Student. Perhaps the HP-DV6 2114sa is just a bad machine.

I have gone through this same issue and I would like to suggest you the following step and after that your issue will get solved. To do this go through the below steps: first open the start and after that make hit on the run. Now on the run type cmd and then hit the enter. Now on the command prompt type the following and then hit the enter.
    Sfc/scannow
    Now once you ended with this command restart your system and after that go through your issue.

Hello thanks for replying and I would be grateful for your reply. I have tried both the solution but after that also I have got the same issue. As you said i have performed the system restore and then restarted mine system. After restarting I went through mine issue but it gives the similar issue. Now I don’t how to solve this issue. Can anyone assist on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue.

I have gone through this same issue on mine system as well and I have tried to lots of solution on different and It doesn’t helped me to solve mine issue. After long search I have decide to reinstall the operating system and mine issue was get solved. While uninstalling makes sure that you have you need to take backup and after uninstalling you need to perform some cleaning installation and then install the service pack 2 freshly. I hope this will help you to solve your issue.