Thread: Unable to upgrade to windows vista service pack 2, error: "driver will not work"

Unable to upgrade to windows vista service pack 2, error: "driver will not work"

I have installed the windows vista service pack 1 on mine dell laptop. Last night I have tried to update mine windows vista to service pack but during the upgrading time I have go the following error:” driver will not work “and after that mine up gradation was stopped. Now I don’t know how to solve this issue. Can anyone suggest on this. I can also say that I've received blue screens multiple times last night for normal use. Something about mini dump and I am concerned, the laptop is not even a day old and still I have the blue screen Sometimes the desktop more than we've had for 9 years. Is this scenario damage or do i need to get a new laptop.

Re: Unable to upgrade to windows vista service pack 2, error: "driver will not work"

I would like to suggest you to upgrade your operating system on the safe mode and after that you won’t get the error and you issue will get solved. To do this you need to follow the below steps: first close the all application on your system and after that restart your system. While restarting the system hit or press the F8 button from the keyboard constantly and by hitting this you will get the boot up screen. Now on the boot menu make enter on the safemode with networking through arrow key on the keyboard. Now when you login with the safemode try to update your system.

Re: Unable to upgrade to windows vista service pack 2, error: "driver will not work"

Hello thanks for replying and I would appreciate your suggestion. As you said I have tried to update mine windows vista on the safemode but during this time also I have got the same issue. I have tried lots of time to do it but I got the same issue. Now I don’t how to solve this issue. Can anyone suggest on this and so that I can solve mine issue. Please help me out from this issue.

I would like to suggest you the following steps and so that you can solve your issue. to do this you can go through this following steps: make hit on the start and after that go to the control panel. Now on the control panel select the Programs and after that select the Programs and features. Now on the Programs and features make click on the KB 973879 update and after that make uninstall it. Now once you uninstalled the KB 973879 then reinstall the fresh KB 973879 and after that go through your issue. I hope this will help you.

I would like to recommend you to perform the system restore and so that you can solve your issue. To do this you need to follow the below steps: first go to the start symbol on the desktop and after that make hit on the all program. Now on the all program go to the accessories and then choose the system tolls. Now on the system tools select the system restore. Now on the system restore application type the date before issue encountered and after that hit the next. Now follow the steps in the wizards and once you finish the system restore restart your system and after that go through your issue.