Thread: DTS tab missing from Audio Control Panel

DTS tab missing from Audio Control Panel

I hooked up a digital cable to the coaxil in the back of my dvd/surround sound and there is something wrong with the DTS. If I went to the Audio Control Panel then I found that the DTS tab is missing from there. I cannot understand that what the reason behind this is. If anyone of you have any idea regarding this then please let me know that. I will be thankful to all the replies for this. Please help.

Re: DTS tab missing from Audio Control Panel

If you are searching for the Dolby Digital Live as well as DTS Connect encoding on the xtremegamer then I am sorry to say that the card does not come with such a software feature. You'll need to purchase the software separately. The XtremeGamer does not driver decoding features for DD and DTS as well. You must use other software/hardware decoder to do this function. PDVD is included for free download.

All you mentioned were you paid for DTS. What do you mean by DTS is beyond me. So to my understanding you have bought the DDL and DTS Connect package from creative and you're attempting to use a digital connection? I really do not know what adapter you are using. The xtremegamer does not support coax connection (to get that you'll need to buy a separate Digital I/O module). The Digital I/O module will allow you to hooked up your coax connection directly to the xtremegamer.

When the audio signal reaches the playback device (in this case I assumed that this will be your receiver unit/speaker system) the encoded signal will have to be decoded (this has nothing to do with the soundcard) in order to allow for surround sound playback. If your playback device has no decoding capabilities then you'll need to purchase a decoding unit to handle the decoding process. If your connections are correct and you've installed the DDL and DTS Connect pack then you should see a new tab called "Encoder" on your Audio Console. This is where you can enable your encoding options.

What have you purchased from creative (Again, you keep referring to DTS and "this" is no help at all). I wish for once you could probably state what software package have you bought from creative and what do you intend to do with it. Have you installed and activated it (if it's the DDL and DTS Connect Pack). What connection are you using and how is everything connected to each other? Please describe the entire thing. Giving people here small and broken bits of information is no help at all.